Independent article today

moomba said:
bluemoon1078 said:
As i recall Ferguson put Berbatov on a fitness program as soon as he signed. I think Hughes realises that players have different strengths, but whatever those strengths are you have to work to capcity. You cannot use the argument that it ain't my strong point and then not be arsed.

It's not about fitness with Berbatov, it's about attitude and mentality.

Ferguson recognises that Berbatov can still make a contribution to the side despite not being a 100% up and at 'em type player. Van Horse wasn't the hardest runner in the world but he still contributed (greatly) to their team.

"One size fits all" approach to management does not work. Footballers aren't robots, they all have their own personalities and their own flaws.

So I'll take a 90% player that can perform over a 100% player that can't any day. When we're faced with the choice of a 90% player that can perform and a 100% player that can perform the 90%er will inevitably fall by the wayside. But we don't have that luxury yet.

I agree to a point, sadly though several of our players have been way below 90%, a good player at 50% against a poorer player at 100% is a different equation.

bluemoon1078 said:
I agree to a point, sadly though several of our players have been way below 90%, a good player at 50% against a poorer player at 100% is a different equation.

If the 50% of a good player is better than 100% of a poor player I think the point still stands.

But I think it's easy to overstate a player not trying, I don't think it happens to the extent that people sometimes think.

moomba said:
bluemoon1078 said:

If the 50% of a good player is better than 100% of a poor player I think the point still stands.

But I think it's easy to overstate a player not trying, I don't think it happens to the extent that people sometimes think.

Agree about the players not trying, i don't believe effort is the problem for some more confidence and simple loss of form. I don't believe this to be the case for all though.

Its about time that the management team opened up the curtain a touch so some of the imbeciles on here who think they know best get a better idea of whats going on behind the scenes...

I would suggest that most of the dross will be shipped out in Jan or shifted down to the reserves. Anyone who has been following Ajay's posts in various threads will also know that the club have patient, smart, pragmatic owners who like most of us, feel a manager first needs his own squad of players, and some time for them to get used to his training methods, before we'll see the best of them...

In the meantime this forum will continue to be a haven for the lifeless disaffected few who NEED to tell us all how they know so much better than a man like Mark Hughes...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.