Individual Match Tickets

The first batch go to those with 5 home games in the last 2 years which is an improvement on previous years free for alls.
I know, but it's still not enough imo. We have a points system in place which needs to be used.

All games are available to those who bought Cityzens cards solely for the RM home game back in May. Even if they staggered sales by a day, it would give existing holders who've been going for years a chance to buy ahead at a lower cost. Instead we face a mad scramble for tickets at an inflated cost due to demand from newbies.

Last edited:
I know, but it's still not enough imo. We have a points system in place which needs to be used.

All games are available to those who bought Cityzens cards solely for the RM home game back in May. Even if they staggered sales by a day, it would give existing holders whove been going for years a chance to buy ahead at a lower cost. Instead we face a mad scramble for tickets at an inflated cost due to demand from newbies.
To be honest I don't know why they stopped using thepoints, they had points windows until ,and I'm guessing from memory here,about 6/7 years ago. They seemed to stop when they switched to putting all matchday tickets on sale in the pre season.

The first batch go to those with 5 home games in the last 2 years which is an improvement on previous years free for alls.
The way I read it is everyone can buy games from Thu 10am but restrictions are on the biggest 7 games. Without the 5 game criteria you are barred from buying the big 3. New Cityzens are also barred for 24 hours to buy the rest of the big 7 as well.

God it's complicated but still a free for all.

The way I read it is everyone can buy games from Thu 10am but restrictions are on the biggest 7 games. Without the 5 game criteria you are barred from buying the big 3. New Cityzens are also barred for 24 hours to buy the rest of the big 7 as well.

Cityzens Matchday and Junior Members (that have attended a minimum of 5 home fixtures at the Etihad Stadium over the last two seasons) can purchase one ticket per Member at the following time:

Games Date Time
All games Thursday 20th July 10am

You are right. You could join today or the night before and still pick up tickets for a Cat B or Cat C fixture. Then there is this 'second drop' thing to make things even more complicated, with a limited number of tickets going on sale for the last nine games, and then further release in October...

It’s a joke that they’ve dropped the points system. I’ve had mine accumulated since Maine Road and the club are trying to attract day trippers. They need to be careful because the current success is primarily Pep’s doing and when he goes plenty of the temporary fans will leave too.

It’s a joke that they’ve dropped the points system. I’ve had mine accumulated since Maine Road and the club are trying to attract day trippers. They need to be careful because the current success is primarily Pep’s doing and when he goes plenty of the temporary fans will leave too.
I've been thinking this myself, f*cking annoying that the club are putting blues who've been members for years in the same boat as tourists and JLCs.

If in any doubt about what's happening, it's essentially a free for all at 10am on July 20th. The Silver holders get a 24 hr window to buy for the big 5, but when you see the Matchday prices, they'll regret buying Silver, adding the big 5 will exceed the full season ticket price.

Forget the May 21st membership date, that's an illusion. Everybody who bought memberships pre Real Madrid is in the lottery. Except for Liverpool and Man utd, where you need 5 home games in the last 2 years, even that's a further relaxation from last year's criteria. Here's the best bit, the last nine home games include Chelsea, Arsenal, United, and the last home game v West Ham, so 4 big ones. They are releasing "limited tickets" for these games, but in October they will do a "second release", so they'll sell new memberships right up til then, because in October if you pay £35, you'll be in the draw for the last 9 games, including 4 big ones. This is about selling membership, that's it. "Legacy fans" are irrelevant. Just a number, in the same pot as new fans. I suddenly feel less energised defending us against the 115 charges. And when Pep finally leaves, and there's a lull in success, I'll be more choosy about when I go, they will soon realise that the Haaland mob suddenly have Real Madrid memberships. The club is moving on, it'll be a sporting corporation, I'm absolutely thrilled for what we had in the last decade, but the future feels different. If I get the tickets I want on July 20th I'll probably feel different!

If in any doubt about what's happening, it's essentially a free for all at 10am on July 20th. The Silver holders get a 24 hr window to buy for the big 5, but when you see the Matchday prices, they'll regret buying Silver, adding the big 5 will exceed the full season ticket price.

Forget the May 21st membership date, that's an illusion. Everybody who bought memberships pre Real Madrid is in the lottery. Except for Liverpool and Man utd, where you need 5 home games in the last 2 years, even that's a further relaxation from last year's criteria. Here's the best bit, the last nine home games include Chelsea, Arsenal, United, and the last home game v West Ham, so 4 big ones. They are releasing "limited tickets" for these games, but in October they will do a "second release", so they'll sell new memberships right up til then, because in October if you pay £35, you'll be in the draw for the last 9 games, including 4 big ones. This is about selling membership, that's it. "Legacy fans" are irrelevant. Just a number, in the same pot as new fans. I suddenly feel less energised defending us against the 115 charges. And when Pep finally leaves, and there's a lull in success, I'll be more choosy about when I go, they will soon realise that the Haaland mob suddenly have Real Madrid memberships. The club is moving on, it'll be a sporting corporation, I'm absolutely thrilled for what we had in the last decade, but the future feels different. If I get the tickets I want on July 20th I'll probably feel different!
Just a couple of questions if I may? Would the combine cost if a Silver Card and buying the individual tickets for the big 5 exceed the cost of a regular season card?

Do we know how many people bought a Matchday Menbershio for the Real Madrid game. I mention this because there were fewer people on my train back over the Pennines than for a Champs League group game, when tickets are easier to come by. My sense is that season card holders who missed the earlier rounds got a ticket for the semi final and the number of “tourists” was broadly the same.

I love Pep but our success is based on much more than him and we will replace Guardiola with another top coach (albeit there is only one Pep).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.