Individual Match Tickets

Say what you want about scousers, but they have organized themselves and had some major successes on things like the cost of children's tickets.
They have and actually United have far more transparency re allocation of away tickets than we do.

The key difference between us and Liverpool is that they have a far lower proportion of season ticket holders than we do. Their waiting list has been closed for a decade and apart from getting one passed on (I don't know how their system works) there is zero chance of anyone getting a new one. That is the key to getting their level of matchday revenue.

I fear you're right. I'm slowly coming to terms with the idea that league home games at the Etihad have become a luxury good for us non-ST holders - not just price rises every season but the fight to get tickets post-Real. It's not something I did before apart from watching friends' sides but I've taken the kids to a few pre-season friendlies between Gtr Mcr non-league/lower league sides this month and we've enjoyed ourselves.

We are Blues but I can't let the way things are going stop us from getting our live football fix. We are not walking away, these sides are nowhere near close enough to City to mean we are 'being unfaithful', but it's helping them understand we may never get season tickets for all three of us and it's giving them something of the vibe that I experienced at Maine Rd as a kid thirty years ago.

We are meeting other Blues in the same boat, particularly dads and lads. Personal circumstances as well as the direction of travel with demand and price means I think we'll be lucky to get to 12 games across all comps at the Etihad this season and not 20. In all likelihood it will be a fight for FA Cup, Carabao and early stage CL this season too.
I'm being priced out especially if it means me and my two girls going to the game. Not even renewed my Cityzens card yet

Anybody know if September fixtures are likely to change for TV? Could really do without them fiddling the Fulham KO time personally.

I'm being priced out especially if it means me and my two girls going to the game. Not even renewed my Cityzens card yet
I fear it will get worse before it gets better too. We're in the age of billion pound deals for players and rich countries wanting to boost their own, newer leagues, which can only blow the top flight bubble up even further. Considering the level of football we've been playing for some time we should perhaps think ourselves lucky that we've not been hit harder, earlier, but it still hurts to feel like your club is drifting away. Level 2 family stand seats are going to go hospitality with the expansion and I'm not expecting to see them replaced elsewhere in the stadium, this season they've already been priced the same as East Stand lower. Senior citizen discount shrinking all the time too. 'Affordable' ticketing quietly disappearing unless you have an SC and cling on to it for life.

Can anyone explain how the five year rolling system with loyalty points works? Do they all get reset after five? Everyone starts again with 0?

I fear you're right. I'm slowly coming to terms with the idea that league home games at the Etihad have become a luxury good for us non-ST holders - not just price rises every season but the fight to get tickets post-Real. It's not something I did before apart from watching friends' sides but I've taken the kids to a few pre-season friendlies between Gtr Mcr non-league/lower league sides this month and we've enjoyed ourselves.

We are Blues but I can't let the way things are going stop us from getting our live football fix. We are not walking away, these sides are nowhere near close enough to City to mean we are 'being unfaithful', but it's helping them understand we may never get season tickets for all three of us and it's giving them something of the vibe that I experienced at Maine Rd as a kid thirty years ago.

We are meeting other Blues in the same boat, particularly dads and lads. Personal circumstances as well as the direction of travel with demand and price means I think we'll be lucky to get to 12 games across all comps at the Etihad this season and not 20. In all likelihood it will be a fight for FA Cup, Carabao and early stage CL this season too.
The only way to tackle this is for the club to move forward faster with ground expansion. Clearly 61,000 will not be enough. The demand for football is booming and this will only continue in my view, especially with overseas and non local supporters. We don't want to end up like LFC where only a small number of local fans get into Anfield for matches.

Last edited:
Matchday tickets. As we are now the best football club in the world with the first genuine global superstar we have had then demand for tickets has rocketed. There is no cost to the club in selling £35 memberships as all they do is give you the opportunity to buy a ticket for a game. It therefore makes commercial sense to sell as many memberships as possible as it brings in extra revenue, adds to demand for tickets and increases the supporter base. Giving new members more or less the same chance of getting tickets as ones that have been attending matches for years ensures that more and more people will buy them.

Exactly this. They can’t sell matchday memberships in large numbers without the belief/perception that it allows the buyer to get tickets for all games. If you apply a points system it immediately impacts sales of memberships as those at the back of the queue on less points will struggle. The point is they want to sell as many as possible.

Exactly this. They can’t sell matchday memberships without the belief/perception that it allows the buyer to get tickets for all games. If you apply a points system it immediately impacts sales of memberships as those at the back of the queue on less points will struggle. The point is they want to sell as many as possible.

Looks like Madrid last season was their 'trial' for it, or one of the ones they used to trial it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.