Inflatables Madness for Reading game.

Matty said:
SWP's back said:
Why not pm that great sage, Matty and see what he thinks?

(oh - it is a massive "Yay" from me)

I see you can't let it lie eh?

It's posts like this which have lead more than a handful of Bluemoon members to view your "contributions" to the site as being non-existant.

As for what did I think? I thought the inflatables added very little, the atmosphere wasn't any better than a normal game, the volume ramped up after we scored, but I doubt that had anything to do with a blow up Nemo.

I'm sure people will disagree with me but, for me, the whole inflatables idea, and the visual image it provided, smacked ever so slightly of a "small time" club to me. The kind of thing you'd expect a lower division or non-league side to do when they had their "big day out" at a Premiership side.

If you brought inflatables, and enjoyed doing so, then fine, I'm glad you had a bit of fun with it, but that doesn't mean everyone has to share the same opinion on the matter. I didn't think they added anything, and I doubt they'll be missed in future games from an atmospheric perspective.

I Kinda agree with part of this but totally agree with other areas, yes at times it makes me think small time club/ big day out, but who cares if it improves the atmosphere.

I dont know if inflatables directly improved the atmosphere today but i do know that the atmosphere was sooooooo much better than recent games, I mean FFS the Poznan nearly did the full circuit of lvl 1. Its hard to say wether this was due to how tickets were sold and lvl 3 being shut or the party atmosphere but i know that either way it got a thumbs up from me!

Matty said:
SWP's back said:
Why not pm that great sage, Matty and see what he thinks?

(oh - it is a massive "Yay" from me)

It's posts like this which have lead more than a handful of Bluemoon members to view your "contributions" to the site as being non-existant.

Is it possible for you to think for yourself or must you make mention of "a number", "more than one poster" etc etc everytime you give me your opinion of me? Are you not capable of standing up for your own beliefs without this "cyper pack" behind you to 'back you up'? It is both childish and laughable.

Anyway, it is fine as I have had more than one mod telling me (yep, I can play that game) to ignore anything you say about me and not to worry about you. Which I most certainly don't. But if it continued they would have a word with you as bring up "my post history" etc every ten minutes doesn't really have any positive outcomes does it?

If you want to take the personal agenda against me further, please do so on pm's so as not to wash the dirty laundry in public and bore the shit out of everyone.

As for you thinking the club looked small time with the inflatables, that is your opinion. But I know everyone around me enjoyed it and the same can be said for the rest of 109-111 and SS. Maybe that's not your end of the ground, maybe you didn't go so wouldn't know? I also know that I would rather be on the side of those enjoying themselves than depressing old farts with little better to do than decry other people's efforts at improving the atmosphere.

Let's face it, the vast majority had a good time and the atmosphere was far better than normal in everyone's opinion (apart from just you and one or two others) in would appear.

Matty said:

As for what did I think? I thought the inflatables added very little, the atmosphere wasn't any better than a normal game, the volume ramped up after we scored, but I doubt that had anything to do with a blow up Nemo.

I'm sure people will disagree with me but, for me, the whole inflatables idea, and the visual image it provided, smacked ever so slightly of a "small time" club to me. The kind of thing you'd expect a lower division or non-league side to do when they had their "big day out" at a Premiership side.

If you brought inflatables, and enjoyed doing so, then fine, I'm glad you had a bit of fun with it, but that doesn't mean everyone has to share the same opinion on the matter. I didn't think they added anything, and I doubt they'll be missed in future games from an atmospheric perspective.
I only wanted people's views on whether it improved the atmosphere, pics and comments on the best inflatables etc.

Can't agree with you on that. Thought the atmosphere was much better than normal for a game where it took us seventy minutes to score.

To me, inflatables are part of being a City fan. Part of our history going back to Imre Varadi (aka Banana). We like to be a bit daft. If that's not your thing, fine, but I don't understand why that's small time. It seems like you're more worried about appearances. That's small time to me.

keeping+up+app.jpg

SWP's back said:
Matty said:

Is it possible for you to think for yourself or must you make mention of "a number", "more than one poster" etc etc everytime you give me your opinion of me? Are you not capable of standing up for your own beliefs without this "cyper pack" behind you to 'back you up'? It is both childish and laughable.

Anyway, it is fine as I have had more than one mod telling me (yep, I can play that game) to ignore anything you say about me and not to worry about you. Which I most certainly don't. But if it continued they would have a word with you as bring up "my post history" etc every ten minutes doesn't really have any positive outcomes does it?

If you want to take the personal agenda against me further, please do so on pm's so as not to wash the dirty laundry in public and bore the shit out of everyone.

As for you thinking the club looked small time with the inflatables, that is your opinion. But I know everyone around me enjoyed it and the same can be said for the rest of 109-111 and SS. Maybe that's not your end of the ground, maybe you didn't go so wouldn't know? I also know that I would rather be on the side of those enjoying themselves than depressing old farts with little better to do than decry other people's efforts at improving the atmosphere.

Let's face it, the vast majority had a good time and the atmosphere was far better than normal in everyone's opinion (apart from just you and one or two others) in would appear.

I'm more than capable of thinking for myself, however I know your type, the reason I don't express "my opinion" on you is because as soon as I do there will be a report winging it's way towards the Mods because I've #insert childish temper tantrum type hurt feelings here#. You're fishing for me to say something personal about you so you can jump on it and cause issues. As for the issue "continuing" and other mods "having a word with me" if it does, how about you take a look back at exactly WHY this has started all over again? Who felt the need to have another dig days after the original discussion had long gone? Who couldn't just move on and, in the process, demonstrated their own petty tendencies?

As for "But I know everyone around me enjoyed it and the same can be said for the rest of 109-111 and SS. Maybe that's not your end of the ground, maybe you didn't go so wouldn't know?" Well, you're wrong. I didn't "enjoy" the inflatables, and I sit in block 109. So, yes it IS my end of the ground and yes I DID attend the game, so that snide little dig certainly didn't work out for you did it?

There was a good atmosphere, although not exactly hugely better than normal, however I'd suggest that can be attributed to it being the FA Cup Quarter Final and us being one step away from a Wembley date with United. I'd suggest the fact people brought inflatables to the game has very little affect on the atmosphere.

Skashion said:
To me, inflatables are part of being a City fan. Part of our history going back to Imre Varadi (aka Banana). We like to be a bit daft. If that's not your thing, fine, but I don't understand why that's small time. It seems like you're more worried about appearances. That's small time to me.

^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^

The next thing you know people will want us to stop singing "The invisible man" as the words don't make sense to those that aren't City Fans and some "fans" may feel embarrassed ............. ha ha vain & narcissistic City fans ..... whatever next.

Matty said:
SWP's back said:

I'm more than capable of thinking for myself, however I know your type, the reason I don't express "my opinion" on you is because as soon as I do there will be a report winging it's way towards the Mods because I've #insert childish temper tantrum type hurt feelings here#. You're fishing for me to say something personal about you so you can jump on it and cause issues. As for the issue "continuing" and other mods "having a word with me" if it does, how about you take a look back at exactly WHY this has started all over again? Who felt the need to have another dig days after the original discussion had long gone? Who couldn't just move on and, in the process, demonstrated their own petty tendencies?

As for "But I know everyone around me enjoyed it and the same can be said for the rest of 109-111 and SS. Maybe that's not your end of the ground, maybe you didn't go so wouldn't know?" Well, you're wrong. I didn't "enjoy" the inflatables, and I sit in block 109. So, yes it IS my end of the ground and yes I DID attend the game, so that snide little dig certainly didn't work out for you did it?

There was a good atmosphere, although not exactly hugely better than normal, however I'd suggest that can be attributed to it being the FA Cup Quarter Final and us being one step away from a Wembley date with United. I'd suggest the fact people brought inflatables to the game has very little affect on the atmosphere.

You were in 109 and didn't enjoy it? It was not a snide dig, it was an attempt to try and understand why you appear to have had a humpur failure. You certainly don't sound like the sort of person that it would be fun to be around. What with all the worrying about looking small time and fear of looking like we were celebrating early.

I'll ask you then, do you think the majority there did? Did you look around and see their faces?

As for the rest of stuff, keep it to pm's, you must be boring the rest. I am sure there are reasons you do not express your opinion of me and it will have nothing to do with me reporting it.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:10 pm --<br /><br />
Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
Skashion said:

^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^

The next thing you know people will want us to stop singing "The invisible man" as the words don't make sense to those that aren't City Fans and some "fans" may feel embarrassed ............. ha ha vain & narcissistic City fans ..... whatever next.

agreed

SWP's back said:
You were in 109 and didn't enjoy it? It was not a snide dig, it was an attempt to try and understand why you appear to have had a humpur failure. You certainly don't sound like the sort of person that it would be fun to be around. What with all the worrying about looking small time and fear of looking like we were celebrating early.

I'll ask you then, do you think the majority there did? Did you look around and see their faces?

As for the rest of stuff, keep it to pm's, you must be boring the rest. I am sure there are reasons you do not express your opinion of me and it will have nothing to do with me reporting it.

You're intimating that I didn't enjoy the game. That's not what I said, and it's not what you originally stated. I did enjoy the game, eventually, after a period of concern that we wouldn't beat Reading, however that enjoyment was not brought about by others waving inflatables. I'd suggest many people enjoyed the game on Sunday, but neither you nor I can attribute that enjoyment to any one factor categorically. For some the inflatables may well have helped, however I am still of the opinion that for most it was the occasion (FA Cup QF, date with United at Wembley etc) far more than the fact others had brought inflatables. I'd suggest those who brought inflatables really enjoyed it, whereas the inflatables had very little affect on anyone else.

Mr White said:
Great stuff. The pink paddling pool was a nice touch too.

What were them balloons called that were flying around?

Rocket balloons they were also good when I blew them up too much had everyone jumping with the bang, glad they were noticed, passed them to all the kids near me in 119

LETS CLEAR THIS UP ONCE AND FOR ALL

SWP-LIKES INFLATEABLES (maybe has sex with the as yet a rumour)
MATTY-HATES THEM (but enjoyed the game anyway)

Matty said:
SWP's back said:

As for the rest of stuff, keep it to pm's, you must be boring the rest. I am sure there are reasons you do not express your opinion of me and it will have nothing to do with me reporting it.

You're intimating that I didn't enjoy the game. That's not what I said, and it's not what you originally stated. I did enjoy the game, eventually, after a period of concern that we wouldn't beat Reading, however that enjoyment was not brought about by others waving inflatables. I'd suggest many people enjoyed the game on Sunday, but neither you nor I can attribute that enjoyment to any one factor categorically. For some the inflatables may well have helped, however I am still of the opinion that for most it was the occasion (FA Cup QF, date with United at Wembley etc) far more than the fact others had brought inflatables. I'd suggest those who brought inflatables really enjoyed it, whereas the inflatables had very little affect on anyone else.

Fair enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.