Iniesta

‘Pep [Guardiola] sent me messages, yes, but there are some reports that I don’t understand,’ Iniesta told Radio Marca.

‘I won’t play against Barcelona. My time in elite football ends at Barca. There are two scenarios, China and Japan…the best choice will be made. ‘I hope I can make my decision official next week. One of the options is more determined than the other. I want this to happen before the World Cup.’

I am sad to see Arteta go but replacing him with Ineasta as player coach could be a master stroke by Pep.

Dunno about a masterstroke as it is a rather obvious move but it would be a huge coup if it happened. Iniesta does not want to join a club that might see him appear against Barca so persuading him to sign for a European club would be impressive.

The other obvious guy to go for if Arteta leaves is Xavi who I believe will end his playing career at the end of the current season and wants to move into coaching. I'd sign both of them up as coaches.

This makes sense for absolutely everyone involved.
From a marketing point of view, shirt sales globally would be astronomical.
Iniestas sponsorship with Nike.
Our youngsters learning from one of the very best in our time.
A first step into coaching for him alongside Pep who he loves and already has a special relationship with.

The more I think about it the more I want this to happen badly.
Get this done right now.

Arteta will make his own decision. Great player who knows English football.
Iniesta, Xavi and David Silva. The best if you want to learn by example.

Dunno about a masterstroke as it is a rather obvious move but it would be a huge coup if it happened. Iniesta does not want to join a club that might see him appear against Barca so persuading him to sign for a European club would be impressive.

The other obvious guy to go for if Arteta leaves is Xavi who I believe will end his playing career at the end of the current season and wants to move into coaching. I'd sign both of them up as coaches.
Something doesn't have to be out of the Blue to be a masterstroke mate ;o)

As for your last sentence, imagine those two here, coaching... wow.... meltdown for the rest of the league, on top of Pep staying longer!

I'd 100% take him as a player coach. Even if only for the novelty of it. Foden will have Iniesta, Silva and De Bruyne to learn from. Silva will also probably get fewer minutes this season and he'd help ease rotation.

I agree with this. Lampard apparently joining the youth team coaching staff. Xabi Alonso is another I could potentially see coming in as a coach.

We could have the greatest midfield ever sitting on the coaching bench.

Guardiola
Xavi Iniesta
Lampard

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.