Injured man after the game.

It was one of those situations where moving someone prostate on the floor without medical expertise wasn't advisable. There was a couple of Police there straightaway and even they didn't attempt to help which was probably the right thing to do. He was on his side blood pouring out of his skull, I'd been just in front of him before I think he must have been punched. I heard him hit the ground which caused me to look back, we were all hopeless looking to help but then you think what can I do? The mounted Police then turned up in numbers and made everyone move on.

I'm not very good seeing people like that but the first instinct is to help, however as you say trying to take a photo is disgusting.
Sounds really bad Hammo. Just hope it's one of them looks worse than it actually is scenario's. But by the sound of it, its probably not :(

Sounds really bad Hammo. Just hope it's one of them looks worse than it actually is scenario's. But by the sound of it, its probably not :(
The good thing is there's nothing on the news or media, hoping no new is good news, poor guy was no spring chicken and not well built, I can't imagine he'd caused the trouble, think the club need to examine how away supporters are let out of the ground. I know there's the "false imprisonment" angle but there's argy bargy between the fans nearly every game. We're in CB stand and walk that way as our normal route back to the coach is hampered by the North Stand development.

The good thing is there's nothing on the news or media, hoping no new is good news, poor guy was no spring chicken and not well built, I can't imagine he'd caused the trouble, think the club need to examine how away supporters are let out of the ground. I know there's the "false imprisonment" angle but there's argy bargy between the fans nearly every game. We're in CB stand and walk that way as our normal route back to the coach is hampered by the North Stand development.
Yes, I'm sometimes nearly running into the fuckers when I'm running out of of ss3 near Ashton Road and their running from other way. Recipe for disaster.

I posted on the post match thread, it looked shocking and he was motionless, do t know which team he supported but that doesn't matter, I said when I got back on our coach I feared for the guys life, looked about 50/60, his glasses and gone west and he was unconscious and as you say blood was pouring at an alarming rate from his skull. Shame on the person trying to take a photo on their phone.
That **** needs/needed a good slap hammo. No doubt he thought to himself that it would get himself a load of hits on social media.

The away fans need holding back. Kicks off quite often on Ashton new road. Someone will end up dead if they don't manage the situation better.
Was horrible seeing that poor man last night. Not sure whether he was Arsenal or City, but that doesn't matter either way.
The police were poor aswell. Horses come rushing in. The back legs of one of the horses were literally 2 foot away from the man's head.

If I'd of seen anybody trying to film or take photos I'd of knocked the phone out of their hands and stamped on it. Absolutely hate this phenomenon of filming and taking pictures of incidents rather than help, which should be your first instinct. Hope he's ok whoever it is.

We used to call it rubbernecking it's just that with the advent of the mobile phone it's gotten worse mate.

Hope the fella is fine, sometimes things can look a lot worse than they are.

The away fans need holding back. Kicks off quite often on Ashton new road. Someone will end up dead if they don't manage the situation better.
Was horrible seeing that poor man last night. Not sure whether he was Arsenal or City, but that doesn't matter either way.
The police were poor aswell. Horses come rushing in. The back legs of one of the horses were literally 2 foot away from the man's head.
Hope the bloke is OK...and as yet no one knows if this was a accident or other. I don't want to see away fans held back, I hate it wen it happens to us and thankfully it doesn't happen often.

Or they know what they're doing and are excellent horse riders?

Buses should be in the security zone or IMMEDIATELY ADJACENT to the exit to bus away fans directly to Piccadilly Station.

All the bother is twixt fans ( City fans are often the agitators) walking back to town.

It beggars believe that the club/police/ authorities can't organise this for the 'higher risk' games.....poss5/6 each season.

Knew it would kick off outside as they wouldn’t hold them back. If there was ever a moment to hold the away end, yesterday was it.

Saw the fella, he didn’t look good. Fingers crossed he pulls through.

Their fans are absolute fannies who like to given it the northern / poverty jibes outside and then run behind the police for safety after they’ve riled someone up. Same story for the last few seasons with that lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.