Injuries - 2023/24 | Ederson cleared to return to training (p 146)

Has Haaland broken/fractured his metatarsal?

Just seems odd how City have underplayed it, but as always the proof in the pudding is in the eating.

He's been out just about 5 weeks, and it looks like maybe after the Abu Dabi break, he may be back in training. Any medical folk on here got an opinion on this.

Just seems odd how City have underplayed it, but as always the proof in the pudding is in the eating.

He's been out just about 5 weeks, and it looks like maybe after the Abu Dabi break, he may be back in training. Any medical folk on here got an opinion on this.
I think they're just playing it very conservatively. I watched the presser just now and Pep really didn't seem too concerned.

Not a lot you can do with stress fractures. It just takes time.

I’ve got a kid with a broken metarsal now and I don’t think someone with that injury would be training at 5 weeks. Obviously my kid is not an elite athlete but he’s younger so heals faster and he’s still not nearly mobile enough for a training session - and Haaland has been training for a while. I also assume if Haaland did break or fracture it we would have seen him in a boot at some point. I was told by my son’s orthopedic a stress fracture could take even longer to heal, but there is obviously a range for that.

Akanji out for a few weeks meaning we'll have zero defensive options on the bench for the foreseeable.

Winter break definitely coming at a good time.
I'm curious and a bit worried about who plays tomorrow at RB. Idk if Walker has been training, given his personal life issues and Stones and Akanji are injured as well. I assume Rico Lewis? I love the lad but would be concerned about him versus Gordon.

I think they're just playing it very conservatively. I watched the presser just now and Pep really didn't seem too concerned.
I always got the feeling from pep that he was never really gonna be back for tomorrow and has always been resting him fully till after the winter break. I think long term it will be a positive.

So it sounds like all three will miss Newcastle and Spurs (FA Cup) but all have a chance for Burnley depending how they go in Abu Dhabi.

At least Akanji isn’t a major injury.

Thats how I read Pep’s comments.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.