Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they the ones who get away with everything and anything they do? Christ one of the fuckers could actually catch the ball in his own area, carry the bastard out the box, kick and stamp on a few players on the way to putting an offside teammate through on goal to give them 3 points.

You forgot they both have a propensity to push their opponents into advertising hoardings with little fear of condemnation

Your correct , but Laporte returning the back four releases Dinho back into midfield and that will be a massive improvement

I’m not so sure about that. Dinho hadn’t been playing in midfield before the injury and Pep’s nothing if not stubborn. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Dinho/Laporte pairing as first choice.

I’m not so sure about that. Dinho hadn’t been playing in midfield before the injury and Pep’s nothing if not stubborn. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Dinho/Laporte pairing as first choice.

I agree. I really don't think we'll see much of Fernandinho in midfield, if at all. He'll be at CB or on the bench unless we get injures in midfield.

Its unfair the expectations that posters have of aymeric. All our problems arent going to magically disappear once he's back. Our problems run a bit deeper than that. Shouldn't be rushed back, these centre halves are hard to find.
Most of them will disappear.

Our problems are defensive and Laporte is the lynchpin. You could argue that City's general intensity has dipped a little but with KDB and Bernardo in the side, and Foden and Jesus in the wings I don't think that's a permanent problem.

Your point may well be reasonable but you kind of left us hanging. What are the other weaknesses? I bet none are as significant as missing Laporte and his side-kick Stones from central defence.

Our problems are defensive and Laporte is the lynchpin. You could argue that City's general intensity has dipped a little but with KDB and Bernardo in the side, and Foden and Jesus in the wings I don't think that's a permanent problem.

Your point may well be reasonable but you kind of left us hanging. What are the other weaknesses? I bet none are as significant as missing Laporte and his side-kick Stones from central defence.
We haven’t as many problem as some think. We are on target for a top 3 finish ,probably 80 plus points , still in all the cups. Hardly languishing. A couple of tweaks, Laporte being the biggest we’ll be fine.

As you allude to above there has been a noticeable drop in intensity, The press is nothing like it was. There is something not quiet right this year. Gundogan is an anomoly, I don't really rate him and yet when he dosent play we actually seem worse which doesn't make much sense as he doesn't press at all. The left back position is an ever present problem no matter who plays there. Teams who parked the bus were thought to be a problem too and yet lately teams are prepared to be a bit more adventurous and we're still struggling to get through them. The wide areas seem congested all the time. Players getting in each others way instead of the full back overlapping and ripping the ball across the box. and then there's the glaring misses. Sterling has something like 19 goals this term and yet would you say he's played really well? In patches yes, but for the most part and certainly of late he's been poor. De Bruyne seems close to his top form again and that will be huge going forward. We have to try to hold onto Sane. Players like him are like gold dust(almost impossible to find) I have always been a great believer in Pace , We need more of it. It's certainly been a year of 2 halves. Magnificent spring and early summer, A disappointing autumn and winter so far. A deep run in the champions league could still happen but we have to up our game, I suspect Pep knows that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.