Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read about Laporte’s injury. Now we have to wrap Stones and Ake, who are not exactly immune to injury themselves, in cotton wool for a few weeks.

Given that Laporte and Ake are very likely going to be covering left back quite a bit this season it makes a deal for a left back a bit more pressing. It was very timely of Mr Cucurella to hand in a transfer request.

Laporte is a warrior for playing through it but it's a bit bizarre that Ake was on the bench seemingly ready to play and Pep still didn't choose him. Even if he wasn't 100%, he clearly was in better shape than Laporte who needed surgery?

Hopefully not too serious but this is the second surgery on that right knee of his.
Wasn't Ake injured too?

He definitely missed some games, and was on the bench for matches where he was only really going to come on in an extreme emergency. I assume he was a bigger risk than Laporte.

Surprised this is big news today as it was reported that he had surgery over a week ago, and that it was unlikely he'd be fit to start the season.

We are already looking at our defence and thinking we can’t afford anymore injuries…and the season hasn‘t started yet!

I remember a funny conversation on here months back after the Wolves game to be exact. A poster tried to say "It was Laporte own fault that he got injured he tackled wrong". Classic :)
Was it like the time Mendy tackled that guy wrong and done his knee?

Classic!!!

Edit never mind been mentioned about 10 times already lol

I remember a funny conversation on here months back after the Wolves game to be exact. A poster tried to say "It was Laporte own fault that he got injured he tackled wrong". Classic :)
If you have played the game at any level you will know there is a right way to tackle and clumsy challenges that very often end up badly. Our infamous full back Mendy got badly injured after doing everything wrong to win the ball. Laporte has a bit of history in that respect too. Still fair fucks to him for playing through the pain barrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.