Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most mangers would have done at least that - given the piss poor opposition and the excellent squad at their disposal.
How long have England supposedly had a squad laden with world class players yet none of the big name managers we’ve had have been able to bring the success Gareth has.

I think as a bloke he’s a dull, woke yes man but his job is to get results and he has done so credit where it’s due.

Stones unfortunately gets injured in training so no big shock he`s got a muscle injury again.
Yes , some just are not built for resilience and John does appear to one of them.

he does have a good record of playing to his maximum upon return though so we take the good with the bad.

I am more than content we brought him from Everton however and he still has a number of good years and games him but ideally we would like him on the paddock more and has been unavailable for 51 games almost a full season of games in his 6 seasons at the club.

Yes , some just are not built for resilience and John does appear to one of them.

he does have a good record of playing to his maximum upon return though so we take the good with the bad.

I am more than content we brought him from Everton however and he still has a number of good years and games him but ideally we would like him on the paddock more and has been unavailable for 51 games almost a full season of games in his 6 seasons at the club.

About the same number of missed games as KDB.

How long have England supposedly had a squad laden with world class players yet none of the big name managers we’ve had have been able to bring the success Gareth has.

I think as a bloke he’s a dull, woke yes man but his job is to get results and he has done so credit where it’s due.
This time England really do have the players though - not just the over-hyped media darlings of bygone years.
Not been getting "the results" recently.

Last edited:
This time England really do have the players though - not just the over-hyped media darlings of bygone years.
Not been getting "the results" recently.
How many truly world class players do we have ? Kane at a push - that’s it. Maybe Kyle when he’s on top of his game.

All the recent results have been in the equivalent of pre season friendlies, irrelevant.

About the same number of missed games as KDB.
Which shows the depth and level of skill that management has in their DNA in getting us over the line on 4 occasions in the past 6 years while managing a relatively small squad.

Pep is streets ahead of any other manager in the premier league at how he tweaks the team to achieve the end goal no matter the obstacles.

As soon as Liverpool started to suffer in terms of injury numbers and length of non playing time of key individuals missed their results suffered.

Early days this season but we haven't noticed Laporte's absence to date and he will be eased in. IMO he was the key to our title success last year in the run in and Pep did what he rarely does and played him most likely against medical advice.

Which shows the depth and level of skill that management has in their DNA in getting us over the line on 4 occasions in the past 6 years while managing a relative small squad.

Pep is streets ahead of any other manager in the premier league at how he tweaks the team to achieve the end goal no matter the obstacles.

As soon as Liverpool started to suffer in terms of injury numbers and length of non playing time of key individuals missed their results suffered.

Early days this season but we haven't noticed Laporte's absence to date and he will be eased in. IMO he was the key to our title success last year in the run in and Pep did what he rarely does and played him most likely against medical advice.

I agree entirely.
I get fed up of people criticising players BECAUSE they suffer injuries.
They spend hours stretching, massaging , warm ups ,warm downs, trying to protect themselves, but inevitably any elite level sportspeople have to endure injuries.
It is having the professionalism to recuperate and return to the top level that is critical.

Gundoghan is perhaps the finest example.

I agree entirely.
I get fed up of people criticising players BECAUSE they suffer injuries.
They spend hours stretching, massaging , warm ups ,warm downs, trying to protect themselves, but inevitably any elite level sportspeople have to endure injuries.
It is having the professionalism to recuperate and return to the top level that is critical.

Gundoghan is perhaps the finest example.
Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.