Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one RB, no spare CM and only one spare winger (Mahrez). I know Alvarez can also play on the wing as well as being stroker and Stones can play RB but we are looking thin.
A chance for Rico Lewis to show his qualities. He wouldn't be in the squad otherwise. Cancelo & Stones rb cover. Gomez, Laporte, Ake left back cover. Great squad to be fair.

We have one RB, no spare CM and only one spare winger (Mahrez). I know Alvarez can also play on the wing as well as being stroker and Stones can play RB but we are looking thin.
Gundogan can play in centre mid, at a push Bernardo can like he did for twenty minutes yesterday. But that’s about it and we are thin there.

We’re alright in the other positions though.

Rico Lewis could easily come in and play right back against Copenhagen.

Alvarez, Foden, Mahrez, Palmer, Bernardo, Grealish can all play in the wide forward areas.

With this particular injury his age think this could be the end of the road for Walker?! Yes he could get back fit but he ain’t going to get a run of games injury free! Maybe once fit we have to just play him one game a week! How’s Dias or Akanji at right back? Well stones seems our other option he is back in a few weeks but you can guarantee he get injured at the World Cup

What did walker actually do yesterday? Did it look a bad one?
cross field pass, went in with....Sancho (?) to challenge right on the byline and stayed down in a heap by the hoardings. He was on the opposite side of the ground to me so it wasn't clear, could have been groin? knee? someone will know. Came back on but subbed himself off, which is never a good sign with Walker.

Last edited:
cross field pass, went in with....Sancho (?) to challenge right on the byline and stayed down in a heap by the hoardings. He was on the opposite side of the ground to me so it wasn't clear, could have been groin? knee? someone will know. Came back on but subbed himself off, which is never a good sign with Walker.
Looked like ankle problems again to me

Will probably get fully assessed today but he's hopeful it's not too bad:

Walker took to Instagram after the match to update supporters on his condition, insisting that he is hopeful of recovering quickly.

He said: "Manchester is BLUE... Brilliant by everyone today. Gutted to come off injured, hopefully it isn’t too bad. Thanks for all the support today".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.