Inside Manchester City ITV4

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
The only programme that has not attempted to twist the material to suit its own agenda. First class. Everything positive. Great watch.

Err...

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
kippax neil said:
I can't see Vieira going from EDS coach straight to first team manager but a number 2/first team coach to Pep Gaurdiola may not be an unrealistic fit.

That's how I see it as well. He appears to be doing a good job as EDS coach but working under Pep would be the final part of
his education. I appreciate the points Dave made about Brian Robson & Stuart Pearce are valid but Patrick at this stage at least
looks like he could be the real deal. So Pellegrini for another couple of years, then Pep for 3-5 years followed by Patrick for
the next 10-15 years. Sounds good to me!

Football clubs like ours don't succession plan like that. You recruit the best manager you can get and give him what you can to enable him to do the job. Then, if he isn't working out you start to look at the alternatives who are interested and available. It's a bit like buying a house. You can't just go and buy any house you want. It's all about timing and availability.

Pep may or may not be our manager at some point in the future. But that will depend on many factors and many pieces of the jigsaw falling into place at the right time. And Vieira...I would imagine he's an ambitious man. If (and it's an enormous if) he turns out to show real promise, whilst he may end up as one of the first team assistants to someone, he isn't going to sit around if he gets an offer he fancies to run his own show elsewhere. Like manager of an ambitious lower division team. Or an assistant manager at Arsenal or PSG or wherever.

We will see what happens but I would lay you long odds against our managers being Pellegrini then Guardiola then Vieira, for the reasons I've given above.

Didsbury Dave said:
Football clubs like ours don't succession plan like that. You recruit the best manager you can get and give him what you can to enable him to do the job.

Happy to be corrected DD but isnt this exactly what Txiki and Ferran did at Barca with Pep. I remember reading an interview with him where he stated that they approached him with a long term plan to get his grounding at lower levels with Barca with a view to keeping a constant ethos throughout the playing side of the club, provided he was up to the job. I got the impression that Txiki again in last nights programme alluded to this vaguely when discussing Manny and Pat (I was worse for wear though so could have been seeing things that just weren't there ?)

The cookie monster said:
I wonder if De Michelis got 10% of his young uns shirt,ball & colouring book...

Why would he only get 10% of it? If I bought them I'd want the whole damn thing.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Football clubs like ours don't succession plan like that. You recruit the best manager you can get and give him what you can to enable him to do the job.

Happy to be corrected DD but isnt this exactly what Txiki and Ferran did at Barca with Pep. I remember reading an interview with him where he stated that they approached him with a long term plan to get his grounding at lower levels with Barca with a view to keeping a constant ethos throughout the playing side of the club, provided he was up to the job. I got the impression that Txiki again in last nights programme alluded to this vaguely when discussing Manny and Pat (I was worse for wear though so could have been seeing things that just weren't there ?)

Not sure, Nixon, but interesting point. I thought it was of a case that he'd proved his worth at the lower levels of the club so the club promoted him. I thought they interviewed various candidates, including Mourinho, but chose him as the best option.

Didsbury Dave said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Not sure, Nixon, but interesting point. I thought it was of a case that he'd proved his worth at the lower levels of the club so the club promoted him. I thought they interviewed various candidates, including Mourinho, but chose him as the best option.

Probably a combination of the two, they'd have obviously kept an eye on what Guardiola was doing and given him preferential treatment if he proved he was up to the job but at the same time they'd have been stupid to not consider and interview any other candidates.

Found a stream

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballorgin.com/2014/04/tv-show-documentary-inside-manchester.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballorgin.com/2014/04/tv ... ester.html</a>

I think Chappy was happy to see Tevez and Mancini go . Summerbee was on top form again in the program . I really enjoyed watching that program last night . It was better than Man United vs Bayern Munich match . Where Clive told us the rags have never lost when going 1-0 up this season .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.