Inside Manchester City ITV4

If you are in the UK -

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/inside-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/inside-manchester-city</a>

inbetween said:
If you are in the UK -

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/inside-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/inside-manchester-city</a>

Jesus...I'm foreigner..

Am I the only one with a new found love for Edin? He is a very nice bloke and I seems very highly regarded by the club. I think we all forget how much he has actually contributed to our success.

didactic said:
Am I the only one with a new found love for Edin? He is a very nice bloke and I seems very highly regarded by the club. I think we all forget how much he has actually contributed to our success.

Shop window methinks.

didactic said:

Seems really lonely. He is s genuinely nice bloke but can see him going back to Germany to be close to his family and mrs

BibbyBlue85 said:
didactic said:

Seems really lonely. He is s genuinely nice bloke but can see him going back to Germany to be close to his family and mrs

Probably has several birds lined up pal but cannot say that on a national program.<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:44 pm --<br /><br />
80s Shorts said:
didactic said:

Shop window methinks.

Who would you get in?

I thought the Nationwide program on the BBC years back was better than this or the Blue moon rising, but now we have a bigger audience around the world then I think that this would have done it about right

Didsbury Dave said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Was sterile shite, but i wouldn't expect anything else. Just a big glossy televised version of the match programme.

And it didn't have the "Money shot" - the players in the dressing room.

Actually Dave, continuing our discussion from the other thread, I found it quite reassuring in terms of the
whole way the academy fits in with the first team. Last season a lot was made in the media about how
we would play 4-3-3 at all levels of the club so that young players would learn how to play "the City way".
I was always disturbed that we would be teaching 9 year olds current best practice that probably
would be outdated by the time they made the first team. Viera's interview that "the City way" was about
an attacking, possession based game that could be applied to different tactical systems was very
reassuring. Hopefully in 10 years time some of the lads will have come through and he is the
first team manager.

Yes, I agree. That "4-3-3 at all levels of the club" was always a nothing story. If I remember rightly it was some second hand leak from some youth coach which was probably Chinese Whispers. There is no manager in football who is hamstrung by a "club" formation - it's a ridiculous notion because different occasions require different formations. And different managers do things in different ways.

I'm not a big fan of this "Vieira will be our manager one day" concept. Not because I have anything against the man, but as it stands it's a bit like me saying that my five year old boy will Captain City one day, Maybe it's the cynic in me, but I've heard about these "groomed successor"types all my life, and they almost never come to anything. Brian Robson at Old Trafford, Stuart Pearce at England, there's a huge list and there are just too many pieces of a very big jigsaw for the whole thing to fit together. That's not to say Vieira won't turn out to be a brilliant coach - he may or he may not. But the chances of him graduating to our manager are tiny in my opinion.

I can't see Vieira going from EDS coach straight to first team manager but a number 2/first team coach to Pep Gaurdiola may not be an unrealistic fit.

kippax neil said:
I can't see Vieira going from EDS coach straight to first team manager but a number 2/first team coach to Pep Gaurdiola may not be an unrealistic fit.

That's how I see it as well. He appears to be doing a good job as EDS coach but working under Pep would be the final part of
his education. I appreciate the points Dave made about Brian Robson & Stuart Pearce are valid but Patrick at this stage at least
looks like he could be the real deal. So Pellegrini for another couple of years, then Pep for 3-5 years followed by Patrick for
the next 10-15 years. Sounds good to me!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.