Inside Manchester City ITV4

l2P2IkE.jpg

I quite like the fact the documentary is a build up to the Sunderland game which got cancelled! That must have been pretty annoying for the program makers.

I remember the year that Nationwide had access to City, they got 100+ Junior Blues to go down to Maine Road, and take part in a number of activities on the pitch. I helped out at Junior Blues at the time, and can remember trying to organise the kids, having been given cards to display, a message, ie similar to the one done at the Barca game. But there was a bit of a problem, it had rained quite a lot, the pitch was soft, and Stan Gibson went ape when he saw his beloved pitch being ruined, with all these people on his pitch. Also remember they hung from the goal posts hoops, and got some of the players to kick the ball through the hoop from outside the penalty area. Colin Bell was incredible, all his efforts went through the hoop. It proved to me what a very skillful footballer he was, and remember, at the time, he was recovering from his career ending injury.

Its that 'Manchester 36' video thats been going around, just probably longer due to ads.

Dont think its anything new.

ErnieBilko said:
Looking forward to it.

Does anyone remember that time City featured on 'Nationwide', an old BBC programme? I seem to recall it was a time of some optimism under Swales, but surprise, surprise, it ended in tears. I can't recall the exact year, sometime in the 1970s, or what the drama was. Or am I dreaming this?

I was in the " junior blues" at the time and i remember standing on the pitch at Maine rd and holding up a card, when everyone held the card up it said something , cant remember what though.

I also seem to remember the one and only Colin bell coming on the pitch and hitting a few balls at the net - im sure he was aiming the ball through hoops ????

Forgive me it was a long time ago - fuck me i feel old now

Dear fellow blues.

My name is Per from Norway. Has been a City supporter since 1979/1980. Close to "football maniac" and especially MCFC(but maybe a long way to go compared to real mancunians). At the moment I have been giving "go ahead" to start building a City room/footbal room, and my plans are to make it really good with already invested in executive vip chairs and more to come. This has been in my dreams for many many years, suddenly it going to be happening, the neighbours may think I am total crazy. My family has accepted my "sickness"........

Read about the documentary program who is coming on ITV4, but I do not have that channel here in Norway.

Feel sad, no chance to see it, record it or even subscribe on that channel from here in Norway.

I hope someone can record it on a dvd, cd or file for me? I will pay a good price.

Please let me know if someone could help me, give me feedback here or on my PM, then we can make a deal.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Per A
Norway

Blågribben said:
Dear fellow blues.

My name is Per from Norway. Has been a City supporter since 1979/1980. Close to "football maniac" and especially MCFC(but maybe a long way to go compared to real mancunians). At the moment I have been giving "go ahead" to start building a City room/footbal room, and my plans are to make it really good with already invested in executive vip chairs and more to come. This has been in my dreams for many many years, suddenly it going to be happening, the neighbours may think I am total crazy. My family has accepted my "sickness"........

Read about the documentary program who is coming on ITV4, but I do not have that channel here in Norway.

Feel sad, no chance to see it, record it or even subscribe on that channel from here in Norway.

I hope someone can record it on a dvd, cd or file for me? I will pay a good price.

Please let me know if someone could help me, give me feedback here or on my PM, then we can make a deal.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Per A
Norway
can anyone help this lad out. Been on bluemoon 10 years :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.