Insomnia

I think sometimes people just need to accept that they won't get or need as much sleep as others.
Worrying about, or trying to force sleep makes things worse.

As long as i get about 4.5 to 5 hours a day, i'm fine.
I've always been first up as a child and same now as an adult. I sometimes envy people who have long lie in's.
However, it does mean i get more done.
It has it's advantages, like going fishing or doing early shifts. However, i don't do them these days, so just end up surfing the net. (why i tend to post very late/early mornings etc)

So now when i do need to get up early and haven't manged to get to sleep, i just accept that i'm going to be tired that day and not worry. Even if i then struggle to get to sleep that night, i just remind myself that i WILL sleep eventually.

I did go three days straight without sleep once, and started to suffer waking dreams/hallucinations. Slept like a baby the forth day!

One technique i can pass on came from somebody who meditates. He told me to imagine i'm in a circle, and the thoughts that are keeping me awake are like intruders. You have to learn to stop the thoughts by pushing them away. When your mind then becomes calmer, start thinking about your breathing.
Slow your breathing, but breath slightly deeper. Each time you blow out, count your breath. When you get to twenty, start the count again. Do this to you either fall asleep, or get bored. Either way, you will be more relaxed!

(If all else fails, just read this long post!!!) :)

Last edited:
It’s now 4.11 am I’ve been up since 5.30 am , and have a 12 hour shift to look forward too at 7 am…

I get insomnia at least once a month, it’s something I really could do without , should say I got two hours sleep on Sunday night ….

Is there a cure for it ?

i sleep quite well, i cut coffee out in the afternoons. ive never done meditation but i jsut try not to think about anything in particular (which is the tricky part) and let me mind wander on its own then after a minute or two i know im in like a half dream state and usually thats it im off to sleep. always an early riser, now its the dog waking me at 5.30 to go for a walk. i believe magnesium is also good, ive used that after football games, training.

I think sometimes people just need to accept that they won't get or need as much sleep as others.
Worrying about, or trying to force sleep makes things worse.

As long as i get about 4.5 to 5 hours a day, i'm fine.
I've always been first up as a child and same now as an adult. I sometimes envy people who have long lie in's.
However, it does mean i get more done.
It has it's advantages, like going fishing or doing early shifts. However, i don't do them these days, so just end up surfing the net. (why i tend to post very late/early mornings etc)

So now when i do need to get up early and haven't manged to get to sleep, i just accept that i'm going to be tired that day and not worry. Even if i then struggle to get to sleep that night, i just remind myself that i WILL sleep eventually.

I did go three days straight without sleep once, and started to suffer waking dreams/hallucinations. Slept like a baby the forth day!

One technique i can pass on came from somebody who meditates. He told me to imagine i'm in a circle, and the thoughts that are keeping me awake are like intruders. You have to learn to stop the thoughts by pushing them away. When your mind then becomes calmer, start thinking about your breathing.
Slow your breathing, but breath slightly deeper. Each time you blow out, count your breath. When you get to twenty, start the count again. Do this to you either fall asleep, or get bored. Either way, you will be more relaxed!

(If all else fails, just read this long post!!!) :)
Your breathing technique is sending me to sleep right now, it relaxes and relief from annoying thoughts

IMG_5063.png
Had one of these last night , not had one for ages as they can leave you a little groggy first thing but I didn’t have to be up early this morning , worked a treat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.