Insomnia

Where are you??

I'm a bit scared of it tbh it works that well. The pharmacist made sure I knew it was for short term only and it comes in packs of 20, but I've used it for months. Plan it (like all drugs, plan it), if you take it at 3/4am then get your head down, you'll oversleep. Trust me, been there. Do it at a decent time to give a good 7/8 hours. Fuck short term, I'm not addicted to it and it gets me to sleep easily, used or for months on end at times. (disclaimer; any side effects, seek medical help. I'm not a doctor!!)
If you've used it for months there's a good chance you're an addict.

Almost 3am, can't fucking sleep, again. Insomnia strikes again.

In what way?? VitB is for your liver ain't it?? Genuinely curious mate.
Obviously different things work for different people, I used to be a very restless sleeper, I'd tried all the Nytol types and Melatonin with little effect. I take a Vit B6 pill when I go to bed now and rarely wake up before morning.

I feel for anyone who suffers with insomnia, it must be awful.
I've always relied on a couple of joints before bed and it's always worked a treat (I appreciate this isn't a cure and it's not the answer, just something I've done) but I've knocked the weed on the head a couple of weeks ago after 15 years so I'm expecting to find myself struggling shortly.
This thread has come at just the right time for handy tips!

Touche!

I have no idea how you insomniacs cope. I only got 5 hours sleep last night and I've been like death warmed up today.
Early night tonight I think.

I'm the same, anything under 6 hours sleep and I'm a right miserable **** for the day.

I sleep like a baby, I can nod off in the car after a minute, sleep on the sofa in front of the TV all day, take a nap on dinner breaks and pretty much fall asleep when needs be. My flat mate jokes that I'm narcoleptic.

The only thing that disrupts my sleep is getting to bed late and getting less hours, or my allergies which can have me up a full night - so I really feel for insomniacs as I hate it more than anything.

Touche!

I have no idea how you insomniacs cope. I only got 5 hours sleep last night and I've been like death warmed up today.
Early night tonight I think.
It's 23 yrs since i slept well,i get about 3hrs all broken up into a few mins here and there,you get used to it in the end

I'm a lifelong insomniac as was my father, my grandmother, and my great grandmother. So definitely genetic. I haven't had 8 hours of sleep in a single night in about 35 years. Anything 5+ is a good nights sleep. I can go for about 10 days on 3 hours a night before it starts to catch up to me. The worst is when you are so sleep deprived that you start seeing phantom movement out of the corner of your eyes. That is my trigger that things are really bad. Go much longer and I will start flat out hallucinating, but it still doesn't help with sleep. I try to stay away from sleep drugs. It is pretty common for me to have the opposite side effect. So I take a sleeping pill and it has a decent chance to wire me, etc. Normally when I hit my trigger mark, I will give in and try some other remedy. I am a runner and have found that when I'm in half to full marathon shape that I don't suffer as much as I do when I'm just in "normal" mode. But it is so hard to keep to that level of fitness all the time. Just too hard on my body. I've been going through some rough patches the last couple weeks. The most sleep I've had in the last two weeks is 4 hours. Holding it together so far which is good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.