Insomnia

I wonder could I buy that over the counter here? . Will give it a try thanks for the info, I don't have insomnia but wake at all strange times as I have a lot on my mind and difficult to get back to the land of nod.
Where are you??

I'm a bit scared of it tbh it works that well. The pharmacist made sure I knew it was for short term only and it comes in packs of 20, but I've used it for months. Plan it (like all drugs, plan it), if you take it at 3/4am then get your head down, you'll oversleep. Trust me, been there. Do it at a decent time to give a good 7/8 hours. Fuck short term, I'm not addicted to it and it gets me to sleep easily, used or for months on end at times. (disclaimer; any side effects, seek medical help. I'm not a doctor!!)

I'm in county Cork Ire!and , think I may have problems getting it here as they had a misuse issue apparently. I was just reading it now after I saw your post.

Ahhh I see others are awake, I slept for a whole 2 hours tonight. Must be that I didnt get any exercise, hmmmm load of bollocks, as I went swimming yesterday, also when my insomnia was at its worst, I was exercising a lot, playing sport 2 or 3 times a week, cycling, swimming and going to the gym. Ignorance is bliss I guess, those that dont suffer, dont understand, its a lot like that with a lot of conditions and illnesses, if exercise works for some, I'm happy for them, doesnt mean its the case for everyone though.

I went through a short period of trying sleeping tablets, but its a slippery slope and soon gave it up for fear of addiction.

I'm in county Cork Ire!and , think I may have problems getting it here as they had a misuse issue apparently. I was just reading it now after I saw your post.
It used to be prescription back in the 70/80's, but you shouldn't have a problem in boots, superdrug, co-op, lloyds, that type of thing. Even sainsbury and asda do it over here, at chemist counters. Plus could chance it online, only a few quid a pack.

@pllk, them zopis do fuck all anyway.

I got told the other day, something that I already knew half of, the body only sleeps what it needs to. For every hour you're asleep, there is only about 15 mins of deep sleep. The rest is light sleep and REM (awaits smart arse videos), and it goes in waves throughout. The gist of this conversation (with a trained professional, but scouse for his sins) was in a nutshell, grab sleep where you can, and rest the body as much as possible. Eat. It's fuel. General rest isn't a replacement for sleep, but it is still functional. In a few nights (he was right on this) you might sleep for half a day.

It's a fucking curse. Too much upstairs.

Ignorant twat.
Were you the role model for Chris Finch in The Office?
Easy big fella. I apologise, a case of drinking and typing. My point was its a mental anxiety/stress issue, the body sleeps when its needs to not particularly when you need it to, and being stressed doesnt help. My post didnt expand sufficiently, granted Reg, and did indeed appear a bit on the twat side. A twat I am not. Anyway, all is cool

Easy big fella. I apologise, a case of drinking and typing. My point was its a mental anxiety/stress issue, the body sleeps when its needs to not particularly when you need it to, and being stressed doesnt help. My post didnt expand sufficiently, granted Reg, and did indeed appear a bit on the twat side. A twat I am not. Anyway, all is cool
I'm chilled out at the moment, very, listening to some calming mixes and saw dawn rise with Bob Marley, but I've still been awake for over 48 hours. The last thing i want to do is go a few rounds on my bag or get my shit together and go for a swim, but what I have to do is go to work. I'm gonna be fun today!!

I got told the other day, something that I already knew half of, the body only sleeps what it needs to. For every hour you're asleep, there is only about 15 mins of deep sleep. The rest is light sleep and REM (awaits smart arse videos), and it goes in waves throughout. The gist of this conversation (with a trained professional, but scouse for his sins) was in a nutshell, grab sleep where you can, and rest the body as much as possible. Eat. It's fuel. General rest isn't a replacement for sleep, but it is still functional. In a few nights (he was right on this) you might sleep for half a day.

It's a fucking curse. Too much upstairs.

Although that sounds right in principle, if it leaves you feeling bloody awful during the day that's not very consoling. I do agree, though, that it balances out (with me, anyway) over a couple of weeks or so. The problem is waking up short of sleep (and you feel it and know it) and then fighting sleep so as not to go to bed too early in the evening. Because I've found that that can quickly become a syndrome where you, say, wake up at 5 am (or 4 am), which is definitely too early for me, then fight sleepiness until you drop into bed at 9h30 or 10h00 pm (again, definitely too early for me) and the next thing you know you're waking up at 3 am the next morning. And so on…

Although that sounds right in principle, if it leaves you feeling bloody awful during the day that's not very consoling. I do agree, though, that it balances out (with me, anyway) over a couple of weeks or so. The problem is waking up short of sleep (and you feel it and know it) and then fighting sleep so as not to go to bed too early in the evening. Because I've found that that can quickly become a syndrome where you, say, wake up at 5 am (or 4 am), which is definitely too early for me, then fight sleepiness until you drop into bed at 9h30 or 10h00 pm (again, definitely too early for me) and the next thing you know you're waking up at 3 am the next morning. And so on…
After eating does it for me, had my tea and I'm nodding off on the sofa about 7, shit I'm nodding off at my desk after lunch, but after forcing myself awake, when it comes to the proper sleep time, I can't do it and lie awake for hours trying.

I sleep like an absolute dream. Every night.

Jammy ****, mainly a **** ;¬}

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.