Inter (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

No wonder the Italian League can't pull a decent sponsor. Who wants to watch that kind of shit football. Only one side interested in really trying to win a game makes for a poor watch.
Standby for some more of the same on Sunday from Lego head and the insufferables.
If we were bang at it mid season we beat them 2 or 3. Gundo doesn't normally miss those and neither does Foden.
Not the end of the world but thank fuck we don't have to play the tedious cunts again.

It’s interesting how defending well, being dangerous on the counter and executing a game plan is considered not trying to win a game.

Yet, keeping the ball for the sake of it, slowing everything down, taking zero risks with the ball and aimlessly passing backwards from decent decent positions out wide is considered the opposite.

Inter were the better side tonight but we should have won with the chances we had.

it was a game where we deffo send on Alvarez if he is on the bench. bit worried to be fair are the rest of the team really gonna come up with all the goals needed (outside Haaland) as Grealish, Doku, Bernardo when playing on the wing arent lethal scorers are they, while jury is out on Savinho if he can be more productive like Mahrez used to be in G+A or not.

early times but KDB, Gundo, Foden will need to add proper number of goals as them three are the ones who have an eye for a goal after Haaland, even tho it will be rare them three on the pitch at same time.

Lewis also seems to spend quite a lot of time close to the box even inside it, but hard to see him score 5 goals in PL a season so while tactically he is a useful option to play this role he may even add some assists but not goals imo, we will see.

Haaland early form is great, and not an issue so far if others aint scoring, but I dont want another 0-0 this weekend if Haaland is taken off by Saliba/Gabriel. someone else need to test the keepers properly if Haaland isnt/cannot.

I would really love to see a high scoring winger in this team, who offers proper goal threat.

It was a tedious game and I'm just glad I didn't pay good money to watch that. Football is supposed to be entertaining but that was dire to watch.

I don't get the praise for Inter, they came to park the bus and hit us on the counter with a 'smash and grab'. If that was Arsenal, United or Crystal Palace doing it they'd be slated on there but for some reason when an Italian team do it then apparently it's a technical masterclass. I doubt Arteta would get the same praise if Arsenal do the same at weekend, but we will see!

I felt sorry for Grealish with the Inter players seemingly able to floor him at will without any punishment. He really must hate playing football knowing when he gets the ball he's likely to get floored after 3 seconds. Of course, every Inter player went down like they'd broken limbs.

The result isn't the worse but it felt like typical CL football to me - boring with a dreadful ref.

Average performance against a very strong Inter side who defended very well, but that is to be expected. Inter will give most teams a game in the CL, but we didn't help ourselves with the slow build up, especially in the first half. Second half was better, shame we could n't nick at the end.

Boring as fuck for the uninitiated. A fascinating chess match for the tactical connoisseur.

Quite happy with a point, we might not face a better team than them all season. We could’ve nicked it but so could they.

Jack played well, KDB outstanding first half but MOTM head and shoulders was Rodrigo … great to have him back

That was a very good Inter side tonight. They appear to have improved since Istanbul, and they were very decent then. Well organised, hard working, very good passing and quick on the counter, gave us no space. So much better than the 4 teams we’ve played in the Prem

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.