Inter (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

Reluctant to shoot yet we had 22 goal attempts. Only three teams in this round have taken more shots.

In the league we are averaging 16.5 shots per game this season, with only Brighton having a better average at 16.8.

Last season we averaged 18.2 in the league and were second to Liverpool at 20.8.

City are not afraid to shoot but they do try to choose the moment. It has worked for us over several seasons.
Christ, I don't remember that many shots at all. 22 shots and no goals, ah well.

Average at best. Just too slow and a little unwilling to get the shot off early. Inter were better than I thought they’d be in honesty. I think that’s the hardest game out of the way anyway so it probably suited us to not lose and not expend energy.

A little worrying that they were able to get forward in the way they did but fortunately it didn’t come to anything.

Anyway, we’ll need to get into the arse early doors on Sunday.

Average performance against a very strong Inter side who defended very well, but that is to be expected. Inter will give most teams a game in the CL, but we didn't help ourselves with the slow build up, especially in the first half. Second half was better, shame we could n't nick at the end.
The build up is permanently slow, and it drives me nuts. Would love to see some quick transitions- just for a change.

And don't get me started on our woeful corners and set pieces, and throw ins. All a complete waste.

The build up is permanently slow, and it drives me nuts. Would love to see some quick transitions- just for a change.

And don't get me started on our woeful corners and set pieces, and throw ins. All a complete waste.
Is it only me that's noticed akanji gets upfront in a great position to cross in the box just off the wing but he never does..
Gets in a great position all the time to put one in for erling but always passes back or to the side.
It's always a great position he is in.

When they first hit the scene I was all about Noel..
I was a mid teen-ager..
But as I've gotten older I realise now Noel is a bellend and I like Liam more.
Liam would turn a club shirt design down.
That's the difference..
he wouldn't say "gotten" either. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.