Inter (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

There were times when we looked a bit slow, and it's probably because we are a bit slow.

However we usually create enough chances for it not to matter, and last night was no different. Unfortunately we didn't take them, but in such a bloated competition there will be further opportunities down the line

I think we played fine in the end.

Four clear chances that should be goals, Bernardo first half and then Foden & Gundogan second.

Foden is definitely the man against banked defences that limit space like Inter & Brentford did. He was causing a lot more disruption by carrying the ball and operating in extremely tight areas - Savio can get on the inside but has given the ball away in daft areas a few times now. I'm sure he'll learn though.

Always feel like these games require patience - we have to attack in the right way, which is really forcing a team to concentrate for 2-3 minutes. Early in the first half it was all too rushed and speculative, which gave Inter numerous chances to break at speed.

Finally, that new kit is atrocious and there's no way it was 'best selling' - if we're at home we have to wear our home kit. It hurt my soul to finally see a Milan team at the Etihad in the CL and we wore that abomination.
Agree, and particularly the last bit.

Interesting game that.

Really enjoyed it which is rare for a 0-0.

Thought we were extremely weird and I really don't like Josko/Grealish as a tandem. Gvardiol is brilliant on the ball but he's pretty risky off the ball defensively and having him and Jack on one side doesn't help the other.

Regarding Jack it's odd. He clearly was bang up for it and tried and tried but the simple fact is if opponents are going to double Erling then the wingers simply have to be more cutthroat and add goals and assists. For all Jack's industry we didn't get that from him. Especially once Kev came off and Kev didn't have a great night by his standards either.

Savinho had his man on toast so it was a shame to see him come off as Bernardo plays wide these days much like Jack. Doku could have done with 10 more minutes.

Rodri looked rusty, hopefully that game was all he needed ahead of Arsenal.

This was what struck me. We gained control in the last 30 mins of both games, but similarly i felt we were outplayed for 50 of the first 60 mins.

Our reluctance to counter attack at almost any point is source of frustration and that frustration usually subsides as we pick up trophies - but we had a chance to do that with 5 mins to go last night and eddie just kept the ball - but the moment you let this lot have a back 5 and 3 in front it makes it so much harder.
I think with 5 minutes to go, Pep was happy with the point.
With 8 games now to play, there will be different tactics from various teams.
Don't think either City or Inter will be too upset with a point...

I think with 5 minutes to go, Pep was happy with the point.
With 8 games now to play, there will be different tactics from various teams.
Don't think either City or Inter will be too upset with a point...
Yeah, i'm sure they've looked at it and thought a point is a decent point. At home though I'd always want us to be front foot all the time - perhaps i'm not pragmatic enough!

I take back all my early season optimism. We're doomed! DOOMED I tell ya!

In truth I thought Inter were brilliantly drilled, & arrived at the Etihad determined not to lose. However, that mindset didn't stop them from trying to win either.

We seemed shockingly off the pace & I've seen more life hanging around Southern Cemetery at midnight than amongst the crowd, who reflected the action on the pitch.

The sooner this match is forgotten, the better. Well done Inter for stifling the fuck out of City, who had few answers to offer.

Sir Phillip and Rodders are not up to top speed yet. We are not going to win every single game this season. The CL does have other good teams in it.
Playing Inter at home in the CL used to be the domain of dreams only.
Bloody love this club.

Average at best. Just too slow and a little unwilling to get the shot off early. Inter were better than I thought they’d be in honesty. I think that’s the hardest game out of the way anyway so it probably suited us to not lose and not expend energy.

A little worrying that they were able to get forward in the way they did but fortunately it didn’t come to anything.

Anyway, we’ll need to get into the arse early doors on Sunday.

Got a football match to deal with as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.