Inter Milan (N) | Champions League Final | Post Match Thread

It's over, finally over, it's been a long haul, but we made it together, and I've reached nirvana finally... reading through to the last page of this thread.

I'd like to thank the City fans, the Inter fans, the West ham fans, the Liverpool fan (ish), and a big two fingers to the Bucket Hat Pat weapon.

Got back yesterday and totally exhausted. Fantastic weekend and Friday night was immense in Nevidaze. The organisation around shuttles and getting to and from the ground were shambolic but it wasn’t going to spoil the night. Totally drained but was with my two brothers who are 69 and 73. My mum was born the year Maine road opened and she passed away the year it closed. She was fanatical about city and brought us all up to love this club. My sister passed away sadly just before my mum. This was for them both. They are in heaven now and their mission to make city the greatest is complete

Dimarco stood out for me. His anticipation and speed meant Bernardo had extra defending to do.

Pep would convert him to a left winger with pace who tracks back. A sort of reverse Pardoe.
I think he would prefer to as well. Technically speaking, under Juric (Hellas Verona) he played as a left-centre in a 3 men defense and started to cover also that role. The same he does under Inzaghi when Bastoni is substituted, but he's still understanding this role. He likes much more interpreting the game attacking, crossing a lot with precision, and he has a good an accurate shot, not strong actually. Last year he played much less 'cause the presence of Perišić, but this year Inzaghi almost always chose him than Gosens, who has got very different abilities, attacking the space without the ball (probably City fans remember the german when you faced Atalanta and Pep said something about "going to the dentist" speaking about their coach, Gasperini).

Dimarco has a good pace but not a great stamina. Pure indicatively, if you pay attention to his movements in the second half from 61st onwards, you'll notice he seems to be worn out and, instead of running back to help, he moves back very very slowly letting City in a numerical superiority in their offensive counterattack coming to be, roughly around the 63rd minute (I don't know the exact english term, in Italy we talk about "transizione offensiva"): Stones tries to cross alone and the ball goes out for a corner kick after a Bastoni's touch.

Yet, he's a player whom I'd like to always have in my squad, even because of his spirit of sacrifice he naturally detains, for being since his youth an Inter lad.

A question, more or less in regard to Dimarco: has Guardiola ever used Stones in the role he was playing on Saturday when KDB was still in the game? Being on the right but advanced than to Rodri, with Gundogan being the only one just behind Haaland vertically, in a sort of a diamond, speaking about all your central midfielders?

Last edited:
Mods would it be possible to have a thread to put videos in from the match? I’d love to see any in particular that are taken from within the stadium, like when Dave scored or on the final whistle?

tumblr_m40dt7ZR6n1rw559co1_500.jpg
Fuck me was one of them still in the ground after the final whistle?

Akanji’s pass for the goal wow. No other manager has him that far up the pitch with Stones already in an advanced role. It’s a Pep goal.
I can’t even remember the pass. All I can think of is Silva hitting it across the goal and then it coming out to Rodri and then……all hell went loose in our house.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.