Inter Milan (N) | Champions League Final | Post Match Thread

I'm not the greatest fan of BT Sport or their coverage, but I think the full time remarks of their lead commentator (Darren Fletcher?) deserve some recognition, because they are brilliant.

"And they've done it, they've done it, Manchester City have done it. Once, twice, three times a champion, champions of Europe finally, history made in Istanbul, the treble complete, the greatest story in club history has an ending, and what a final chapter!"

I'm not the greatest fan of BT Sport or their coverage, but I think the full time remarks of their lead commentator (Darren Fletcher?) deserve some recognition, because they are brilliant.

"And they've done it, they've done it, Manchester City have done it. Once, twice, three times a champion, champions of Europe finally, history made in Istanbul, the treble complete, the greatest story in club history has an ending, and what a final chapter!"

Is he the one who said "Manchester rain will taste like champagne"?

Best tactical review of the match.

Pep is genius.

I heard us being slated on ESPN like are we even the winners?! Winning when not our best is sign of champions.
We have come along way. Still sinking in!

Champions of Europe!!

Interesting comment towards the end where he says pep gets accused of over-thinking but you can't over-think football at the top level as it's so complex.
One other point critics keep missing: We may have got lucky towards the end but we had a couple of good chances early on and another for Phil while it was 1-0. Eddie didn't make a save in the first half; their keeper did.

Interesting comment towards the end where he says pep gets accused of over-thinking but you can't over-think football at the top level as it's so complex.
One other point critics keep missing: We may have got lucky towards the end but we had a couple of good chances early on and another for Phil while it was 1-0. Eddie didn't make a save in the first half; their keeper did.
Haaland chance in the first half along with Bernardo shot just flashing past the post and Foden through on goal...We did have opportunities to be at least 2-0 up and out of sight.
Eddie was only really tested late on in the game. We were nervous in the game which is understandable but we played a good game and deserved winners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.