Inter Milan (N) | Champions League Final | Post Match Thread

Post-match, immediately outside the final part of the entrance stadium entrance M but well within their layered security perimeter, I was walking past the usual people standing to one side and had to turn, take a prolonged second look and confirm what I had first seen: there was this bloke, standing there as thousands of City fans streamed past seconds after winning the CL......and he was wearing a full Rag team shirt. That even exceeded the sight of at least five Inter fans sat around me in three locations in full Inter kit, who kept leaping up in the last few minutes with their phones to video Inter's desperate final attacks, all from seats that had to have been bought by City season ticket holders who had sold them on. I even noted down the seat numbers of a couple of them. So, to the City 'supporter' who profiteered and could have caused big trouble for others, by selling tickets for Block 716, Row 88, Seats 397 and 398, in the immortal words of Badly Drawn Boy at the last match of Maine Road (were you there or did you sell out on that one as well?): 'Do one!'
Yeah me too. Was sat next to two inter fans in their shirts. I mean wtf. Stewards totally useless. Massive Queues for everything , cash only programme queue all of sudden so could pocket cash transactions,, buses an utter fiasco, no English speaking stewards anywhere and very iffy segregation. Questions really have to be asked at highest levels. Then again, we won the European cup. Woo hoo.

Who travelled the furthest? We met a lad from Wythenshaw who had cone from Vancouver, he’s said he was working over there fir 2 years and still had his season ticket. Also met an American who came from San Francisco his first match had been the Madrid game so he forked out for the final.

I (live near Atlanta, GA) was sat between father & son from Jo’burg & husband & wife from Brisbane !

Post-match, immediately outside the final part of the entrance stadium entrance M but well within their layered security perimeter, I was walking past the usual people standing to one side and had to turn, take a prolonged second look and confirm what I had first seen: there was this bloke, standing there as thousands of City fans streamed past seconds after winning the CL......and he was wearing a full Rag team shirt. That even exceeded the sight of at least five Inter fans sat around me in three locations in full Inter kit, who kept leaping up in the last few minutes with their phones to video Inter's desperate final attacks, all from seats that had to have been bought by City season ticket holders who had sold them on. I even noted down the seat numbers of a couple of them. So, to the City 'supporter' who profiteered and could have caused big trouble for others, by selling tickets for Block 716, Row 88, Seats 397 and 398, in the immortal words of Badly Drawn Boy at the last match of Maine Road (were you there or did you sell out on that one as well?): 'Do one!'
Yep , this totally compounds my frustration at not being able to get in which is still fucking eating away at me.

Watched the goal (again) earlier and noticed that when rodders scores, foden just turns and slowly walks back towards his own half, despite all the other players running towards rodri.

Sheer relief? Just bollocksed? Who knows

Whilst everyone is whinging about the parade last night can we all just take a moment to realise what this club has done this season?

We chased Arsenal down to win the premier league for the third time in a row and the 5th time in 6 years. A team who in my opinion looked like champions elect at times the way they were grinding out results. Something we have done on our way to previous titles.

We won the FA Cup whilst only conceding 1 goal (which should never have been a penalty) and beat our biggest rivals in the final. THAT goal from Gundogan will remain in the history and record books for many, many years to come.

We won our first Champions League by topping our group and beating all those reigning champions of their respective leagues on our way by putting in arguably some of the best performances in our history. All those doubters saying "but, but they haven't won the champions league!" are now sat scratching their heads thinking of another excuse to try and bring us down.

All of this whilst having the cloud of 115 fabricated charges hanging over our heads which the media have continued to use to try and taint our success. E.g. "Manchester City win their 3rd premier league in a row BUT it still leaves the 115 charges brought by the Premier League unanswered"

This club has been something else this year and I think some are getting lost in the pathetic arguments over what the club should or shouldn't have done last night to celebrate. By the way, I was there with my mrs and 2 kids and loved every minute of it, pissed wet through and cold, WHO CARES!! The weather made it biblical!!

Let's not get caught up arguing with each other, this may never happen again so just enjoy it!! WE GO AGAIN NEXT SEASON!!
The Gene Kelly Treble Parade!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.