Inter Milan (N) | Champions League Final | Post Match Thread

Anybody else come across a proper selfish cnut who was in their seat and pleaded ignorant when asked to move... Who the fuck would do that to another Blue?

Thankfully as I entered the stadium I saw an old work colleague (great guy) who was with his son at the top of the stand as he has Cerebral Palsy.. I stood with them and my other mate for the game

Still pissed me right off though..

I only think it's just sinking in now what we did, and what it means. Just realising that no one can ever take this from us. All the swipes and digs, the debate about whether we can be considered one of the greats. Manchester City -- the noisy neighbours, Cityitis, York away, keeping in the corner when you need to score to survive, relegated to the second tier at Stoke away -- are in the conversation for being one of the greatest club sides in the history of the sport. Amid the cold winter, the time wasting goalkeepers, the average pints of Asahi, the debates about whether the clapping south stand should sing different songs, the miles on the road, we've just witnessed one of the, if not the, greatest seasons of football by an English side ever.

I have just watched the whole match again and I am surprised by my own reaction. Knowing the result, obviously, there were no nerves, the tension in my lounge was absent, the magnitude of the game was no longer an issue. After the game I said to mates that it had been a hard watch and I thought it had been a close game but after tonight I have had a change of mind. I thought we played a great game and controlled the play except for the last frenetic few minutes. It reminded me of many games we see at the Etihad, a dour defence, and Italians have mastered that style of football, looking to stop our rhythm any way they can and looking for a break. Most of the danger was presented to them by our mistakes leading to interceptions and free kicks. I even think it could have been a tactic for Haaland not to win any midfield headers as we mopped up the second ball of most of their headed clearences, I know thats a strange take on it! Anyway my opinion now is that we played a great tactical game and came out deserved winners in the end. Onwards and upwards blues.

I have just watched the whole match again and I am surprised by my own reaction. Knowing the result, obviously, there were no nerves, the tension in my lounge was absent, the magnitude of the game was no longer an issue. After the game I said to mates that it had been a hard watch and I thought it had been a close game but after tonight I have had a change of mind. I thought we played a great game and controlled the play except for the last frenetic few minutes. It reminded me of many games we see at the Etihad, a dour defence, and Italians have mastered that style of football, looking to stop our rhythm any way they can and looking for a break. Most of the danger was presented to them by our mistakes leading to interceptions and free kicks. I even think it could have been a tactic for Haaland not to win any midfield headers as we mopped up the second ball of most of their headed clearences, I know thats a strange take on it! Anyway my opinion now is that we played a great tactical game and came out deserved winners in the end. Onwards and upwards blues.
In one of the many podcasts I listened to on the journey home someone said that Pep had said something like "Italians see a 0-0 and see it is a good result that you can win, English people see it as a bad result that you can lose". As long as it stayed 0-0 we were in the game, and it really doesn't matter about whether you're underdogs or favourites. I just felt of we could get to half time at 0-0, even after the silly mistakes, then it was a good sign.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.