Inter Milan (N) | Champions League Final | Post Match Thread

Foden will be a superstar.

Also, anyone notice the grappling on Haaland as Foden turns?

Was going on all game (and basically every match now, mostly without consequence).

I watched that game as it happened on live tv.
I only wanted to watch a special game of football (which was a rare thing on tv back in those days, compared to how it is now).
In real time, the events on that night didn't seem as bad as they subsequently turned out to be. Nobody seemed to mention that supporters had been killed iirc.
I'm not going into any great detail over what I saw, but some images are still in my minds' eye to this day.
The baton charge, the wall collapse, stretchers on the pitch with the injured (dead?) on them, the absolute panic and desperation as the realisation that a tragedy was really happening in plain sight (of the world).
Now taking all of that into consideration, the decision was made to clear the dead and dying off the pitch so the match could go ahead.
The horrible decision was made to ensure that 'NO MORE RIOTING WOULD HAPPEN', if the match should be abandoned.
That may have been the case, but having witnessed what had taken place, did the authorities think that there would still be loons 'up for a scrap'?! Maybe, possibly, definitely, who can say? If the thought that there were such individuals (scousers?) prepared to continue the ruckus, then that makes them violent criminals and murderers, and they should rightly be called out for it.

A fixture was fulfilled, innocent lives were ended and it meant diddly squat to the great and good in their finery. Those people have to take a good look at themselves too.

R.I.P. The 39
(they only wanted to watch a good game of football like myself).
I watched it and remember it vividly. I also remember the interviews - Phil Neal and others saying that no-one told the players that people had died, so they went out and played. Hard to believe that the whole world except the players knew there had been a mass tragedy. Liverpool played a subdued game. Juve played a highly enthusiastic game - Platini with non-stop service to Boniek. But we weren't watching a match (football was the last thing on our minds), we were watching a tragedy unfold. Easy to say, but as a 26 year old guy at the time my thoughts were 'why aren't the players just walking off and refusing to play'?'

Likewise. It’s still sinking in. I was so tense it was hard to really enjoy it. When they got that last corner I was frozen. Then went berserk!! What a trip. What a season. Might be peps biggest challenge getting them to go again?
Exactly reminds me of when Hearts beat Rangers 1998
First scottish cup final win since 1956
Like Saturday Rangers had chances in injury time. When whistle went it was almost stunned silence then the tears hugs and songs started
Also worth noting that many of us had been out all night on the Friday and were fading fast by the final whistle !

man-city-city.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.