Inter Milan (N) | Champions League Final | Post Match Thread

One thing that I heard from a post match segment that shows how closed it now is is that we are the first time a new name has gone on the trophy since 2011/12 when Chelsea got their first win. Coincidentally, I'm sure, this was also when FFP was introduced to the UEFA competitions.
In the last 30 years there have been three new winners (Dortmund 1997, Chelsea 2012, City 2023).

Makes me laugh when they show videos of us in the ground at Istanbul at the end and what seemed like muted celebrations, I don’t think they realised the collective exhale of breath at the end as everyone just let out a collective THANK FUCK ITS OVER, followed by the jumping up and down, the sigh of relief was palpable after those last 5 mins and then as it sank it what we had done, tears flowed, hugs given and everyone in that stadium hugged each other, I’m so glad I got to be there, I don’t think even if we win subsequent ones it will be bettered.

Exactly reminds me of when Hearts beat Rangers 1998
First scottish cup final win since 1956
Like Saturday Rangers had chances in injury time. When whistle went it was almost stunned silence then the tears hugs and songs started

One thing that I heard from a post match segment that shows how closed it now is is that we are the first time a new name has gone on the trophy since 2011/12 when Chelsea got their first win. Coincidentally, I'm sure, this was also when FFP was introduced to the UEFA competitions.
I guess that ffp has stopped some clubs making a leap from qualifying only to knock out stages. I’m thinking of teams from smaller leagues or big league teams that maybe didn’t win their league but qualified. Newcastle perhaps, Everton, Sevilla, Lyon?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.