Inter Milan (N) | Champions League Final | Post Match Thread

Ok I’ve calmed down.

A few musings.

Inter Milan were fucking magnificent. Fair play to them. Never let anyone ever take that from Inter either.

We can all give Ederson all the credit in the world today but how the hell did Dias make that header? Sweet Jesus that’s up there with Jonny Stones against Salah.

We deserved that so much. It was extremely tense but our lads held their nerve. Akanji had a very poor game by his standards and almost had a Lescott moment but he never shied and had a fantastic pass in the goal.

Last thing…champions.

Would have torn them apart home in Manchester, but a neutral final is just different.
We weren't able to reach our normal level, understandably.
Still we kept the clean sheet and now we have what nobody can take away from us. Ever.
I agree, our chances only stood in the single game. May have had a chance to win at San Siro, but you'd have done better at Manchester than we'd have done in Milan. No chance for us if it was a home and away knock-out

For the neutral, surely it must be better to have these games played in a place in a milder climate, players looked knackered or perhaps it helps level the playing field a little but can't help feel it lowered the standard of football after a long long (long) season on what should have been a show case

Last edited:
Ok I’ve calmed down.

A few musings.

Inter Milan were fucking magnificent. Fair play to them. Never let anyone ever take that from Inter either.

We can all give Ederson all the credit in the world today but how the hell did Dias make that header? Sweet Jesus that’s up there with Jonny Stones against Salah.

We deserved that so much. It was extremely tense but our lads held their nerve. Akanji had a very poor game by his standards and almost had a Lescott moment but he never shied and had a fantastic pass in the goal.

Last thing…champions.
I had it very hard as an Inter fan in my childhood (born in 1990) ....
Milan and Juve always winning, and Inter never winning anything. Felt like the laughing stock of Italy and every other kid supported either Juventus or Milan .... we won some leagues from 2006, but it was only in 2010 that we stopped being the laughing stock, even when all of Italy was rooting for us to lose.

That was the case tonight too, but winning in 2010 really calmed me down. It could be some of you, especially those from Manchester, had a similar experience ... probably worse, because Inter was at least always at the top.
I believe this victory is going to calm you down for many years to come ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.