Inter v AC Milan - Tue 16th May, 20:00 | Champions League Semi-Final

Who do you think will progress?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Or Brazil 82’
Not comparable.
The Netherlands in 74 won against Brazil, Argentina and Eastern Germany, only to lose in the final.
Brazil in 82 won against Argentina, Scotland and New Zealand, and didn't reach the semifinals.
A fairer comparison would be Hungary in 54 where they lost in the final (like the Netherlands) due to a dubious decision by the linesman, when he called a non-existent offside to Puskas.

Thank you for your reply :) Yes, of course you'd be strong favourites.
As for who we'd rather play against, there are two lines of thought amongst Inter fans, and they are more or less equally represented:
1. Some would prefer to face Real Madrid, and claim they have a good feeling about it. After all, they say, even if stronger than us, they are not as strong as Man City and they don't have a player like Haaland. Inter also won their first CL in 1963/1964 against Madrid, which to some would supposedly be a good sign. They also have Ancelotti who is a former Milan coach, and they want to beat him.

2. Some would prefer to face City, and claim that even if they are a stronger team, "Madrid does not lose finals". Some even question what refereeing would be like in case of a Inter - Madrid final (you get what I mean). On top of that, Ancelotti has more experience and knowledge on italian teams, and he is less likely to underrate Inter (given the history between Ancelotti and Inter, in Milan but in Chelsea too).

All in all, both would be terrible to play against for Inter. Before the semifinals' first leg I'd have said I'd have rather met Madrid ... now I am more inclined to favour meeting City, only because if it is Madrid that means meeting a team who could beat City at Eithad and that'd sound scary.

Inter fans are also curious about playing in Ataturk, the stadium that saw the incredible Liverpool 3 - 3 Milan in 2005. To some that's a good sign, to some others it's a bad sign.
We are incredibly scaramantic/superstitious and try to look to the past for answers lol

All of Italy will support City/Madrid except Inter fans in the final, Inter is the most hated team in Italy according to polls.

The penultimate paragraph is interesting, you'll find a lot of City fans doing exactly the same. Dzeko up against us again, we still sing his name now.

Let's see what happens tonight. If we lose then everyone on here will be supporting Inter that's for sure.

The penultimate paragraph is interesting, you'll find a lot of City fans doing exactly the same. Dzeko up against us again, we still sing his name now.

Let's see what happens tonight. If we lose then everyone on here will be supporting Inter that's for sure.
I don't have a favourites to win but congrats to whoever goes through. 1 - 1 at Madrid was a great result and playing at home is an advantage for you. I hope it will be more fun than yesterday's game (which was admittedly boring).

I'll expect us to attempt to do anti-football and try and prevent you from playing as much as possible.
I don't think so. We are not good at stonewalling, when we try that, we always lose. Since 99% we are going to lose the final anyway, then I expect us to play our usual football, cautiously, but trying to attack, because if there is a field zone where City is not totally unplayable, that is defense. Remember, we defeated Barcelona this year in the group by playing offensive football, and Barcelona shares with City the same philosophy of ball possession, although of course City is much stronger.

No final is easy, but if we get through we'll be strong favourites. Equally, I'm sure you'd much rather play us than Real Madrid!

You are much stronger than Real. However, we might have a slightly better chance with you than with Real, for the following reason: Real wouldn't look down on us. They are very wary and suspicious, and they have a manager who knows very well Inzaghi. Ancelotti prepares matches super thoroughly, even against teams that are weaker than us, it's his attitude. I'm not sure that Guardiola will do that. We surprised him in the semis of 2010, he came to Milan with a superiority attitude and we beat Barcelona 3-1, and it was the Barcelona of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Ibrahimovic. By reading many comments here, and also some illustrious City fans, I am of the impression that you consider Inter a very easy task. That is where our 1% of us winning the final lies. The 99% of chances are still with you, though.

You are much stronger than Real. However, we might have a slightly better chance with you than with Real, for the following reason: Real wouldn't look down on us. They are very wary and suspicious, and they have a manager who knows very well Inzaghi. Ancelotti prepares matches super thoroughly, even against teams that are weaker than us, it's his attitude. I'm not sure that Guardiola will do that. We surprised him in the semis of 2010, he came to Milan with a superiority attitude and we beat Barcelona 3-1, and it was the Barcelona of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Ibrahimovic. By reading many comments here, and also some illustrious City fans, I am of the impression that you consider Inter a very easy task. That is where our 1% of us winning the final lies. The 99% of chances are still with you, though.
I think we will respect you and it will be a tight final opening up in the last twenty mins.

Congrats on whooping AC, totally burst their balloon.

As City fans we never really expect to win any game, we’ve not reached that point of arrogance, read our pre match threads and if you are a real glutton for punishment read the match threads, we should be more confident, but our way kind of leaves us never disappointed and over the moon about all wins

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.