Interesting silly City facts.

Statistically there is a higher probability of being bummed by a clown than the rags finishing above us
As a nipper, my dad took me to circus (Heaton Park I think), a dwarf, dressed as an elf, pinched by bum and then winked at me. It really scared me, I honestly thought he had put a spell on me and I would end up a midget..

Speaking of the Hyde Road Stadium, saw the first row of new builds has been finished on Bennett Street, look rather boxy.

Wonder if there were any artefacts found, sure the would have been traces of the old foundations. I hope there will be a memorial plaque on the site in the future.

I put some boots in my vinyl City bag at my first City game at WHL just in case they needed a sub.
did the same mate..my Dad told me too, as he said "you never know, they might be short today" and then went on to tell me that City used to ask supporters to play if one of their players hadnt turned up....followed this to the letter until I was 11, then I realized it may, just may, have been bullshit!

did the same mate..my Dad told me too, as he said "you never know, they might be short today" and then went on to tell me that City used to ask supporters to play if one of their players hadnt turned up....followed this to the letter until I was 11, then I realized it may, just may, have been bullshit!
Ha, we were dreamers back then. Shortly after that my mum began collecting tokens on the boxes of persil to buy some railway tickets so me, my mum and dad could travel from down south to go to my first city home game against Leeds. I asked them if i could stand where the singers were on the Kippax. Got hit one the side of the neck with coin!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.