Interesting silly City facts.

Malcolm Allison only had one lung and the size of his...................................................................fedora was 71/2".

Always thought it was outside of London tbh!

Still works I guess.
The correct term is outside of FA Cup finals as some FA Cup finals played prior to Wembley had crowds above City v Stoke.
One had over 100,000 at Stamford Bridge

The Stamford Bridge finals didn‘t get more than 73,000 but there were 4 at the Crystal Palace that had crowds higher than our 84,569 including 3 over 100,000. They used to say ‘the highest provincial crowd’ or the ‘highest outside London or Glasgow’ and I guess both those are true from an England/Scotland perspective. The record I prefer to say is ‘highest on a club ground’ because neither Wembley nor the old Crystal Palace are club grounds though League clubs have used them at times.

City are the only team to win the Premier League having been 2nd at some point in the final afternoon. And we've done it twice.
United also
Phil Foden is the 1st person born this millennium to receive a Premier League winner's medal.
Phil Foden is the 1st person born this millennium to receive a Premier League winner's medal.
Not true. Phil foden was born in 2000. The millenium didnt start until 1st jan 2001

Billy Meredith is also the oldest FA Cup scorer ever as well and did that for us too at 49 years old, unless that record has somehow changed in the last 20 years he still holds that record.
Quite correct. He scored in a 5-1 defeat of Brighton on February 23, 1924.
The only player to have scord a hat-trick on his FA Cup debut and on his Fottball league debut was a City player. Jimmy Constantine scored 3 v Barrow in January 1946 in the Cup, and 3 v Millwall (away) in September 1946 in the old Division Two.
I have not been able to trace anyone else to have achieved this double feat - yet who has heard of Jimmy Constantine today? (apart from me....)

City were the first English team to win a UEFA recognised trophy and a domestic one in the same season, when we won the European Cup Winners Cup and the Football League Cup in 1970 but bizarrely it goes largely unnoticed.

The only reason we aren't as fondly remembered by the general public for winning both trophies in 1970, is because it wasn't televised as the FA Cup final replay clashed with it so was shown instead... To date it's the only UEFA final featuring an English team never shown live.

When clueless idiots talk about no history they embarrass themselves as we all know, but without that FA Cup final replay our European final triumph would've been far nore recognised as a great achievement, sadly though that FA Cup final replay shown on the same night was also the most watched final in history.

As a result the FA Cup final was obviously the big talking point for most of the country the very next day, without that FA Cup final replay our first European trophy win would've been heralded in the press and public in general, it was the first UEFA recognised European and domestic double for an English team.

Sickeningly bad luck not to be more well known about by non blues a forgotten final, that's despite it being highly regarded and the 2nd most prestigious European trophy, there's more about that European Cup Winners Cup final success here...

Last edited:
Quite correct. He scored in a 5-1 defeat of Brighton on February 23, 1924.
The only player to have scord a hat-trick on his FA Cup debut and on his Fottball league debut was a City player. Jimmy Constantine scored 3 v Barrow in January 1946 in the Cup, and 3 v Millwall (away) in September 1946 in the old Division Two.
I have not been able to trace anyone else to have achieved this double feat - yet who has heard of Jimmy Constantine today? (apart from me....)

Great bit of trivia that and should be more widely known in general, especially if Jimmy Constantine the only person to achieve such a feat.

RE: Coppell. I always understood he quickly realised City were in absolute free fall and he didn’t have the personality to challenge politics.

It wasn’t like Brian Clough at Leeds where he quickly lost the dressing room.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.