Interesting silly City facts.

RE: Coppell. I always understood he quickly realised City were in absolute free fall and he didn’t have the personality to challenge politics.

It wasn’t like Brian Clough at Leeds where he quickly lost the dressing room.
Steve Coppell 1997 -
"In the end, I left before I could do any long-term damage. I regret not leaving the City fans with a positive image of me - instead they must be bewildered".

I know its a old one but some of the yougsters may not know, playing for City, Denis Law once scored 6 goals in a FA cup tie against Luton Town & still ended up on the losing side.
Why? Did we lose 7-6?

Why? Did we lose 7-6?
No the first tie was abandoned when we were winning 6-2 (Denis scored the 6) then we lost the replay 1-3 & Denis scored again so as has been pointed out he actually scored 7 goals & was still on the losing side!

No one I mention this to believes me but I had a free season ticket in the kippax for either 6 or 7 years in the 1980s,
I am not exactly sure of the details as it was a while ago but as I remember it City were so short of money they started a scheme whereby if you paid them £200 they gave you a season ticket for 4 or 5 years then lots were drawn as to when you got your money back & I didnt get drawn out until the 6th or 7th year when I got my £200 back so had a free season ticket for all that time,
I think I still have the paperwork in the loft somewhere, I presume Mr swales invested the money carefully & used it wisely :-).
Oh & I also remember Tony Book clearing a shot off the goal line with a amazing overhead kick at the North Stand end of Maine road which no one else seems to remember.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.