International Friendlies 21st-28th March

No it isn’t. Find me a rule in the laws of the game that says standing on someone’s foot is a penalty. Football is a contact sport.
No it isn't a contact sport , there can be contact as a consequence of winning the ball. If the contact impedes a player with the ball from playing the ball like standing on his foot its a foul.

If Sergio’s already going down and is hardly touched then I won’t be able to argue. Never a pen that, people just see a freeze frame of a foot touching a foot and suddenly any kind of contact is a pen.

He stood on his foot. The attacker has made the most of it, but as a defender you have to be a bit more aware, in your own box.

And that's the issue isn't it.

Its supposed to be "clear and obvious" mistakes, that wasn't, but its still been reviewed, and reversed.

The views in here are about 50/50, it is / it isn't, and that is with the benefit of multiple replays.

However what I really dislike is that the 70,000 in the stadium will have gone home not having a f**king clue why that was given a penalty, and that is completely wrong, it needs to be done the same as rugby so it can be transparent to the paying public, not the armchair fans, who pay f**k all to watch it.
Thought it was a penalty , but this I agree with.

Its supposed to be "clear and obvious" mistakes, that wasn't, but its still been reviewed, and reversed.

The views in here are about 50/50, it is / it isn't, and that is with the benefit of multiple replays.

However what I really dislike is that the 70,000 in the stadium will have gone home not having a f**king clue why that was given a penalty, and that is completely wrong, it needs to be done the same as rugby so it can be transparent to the paying public, not the armchair fans, who pay f**k all to watch it.
Also, I thought VAR was for reviewing goals as well? 3 Italians in the box when the penalty is taken so it should have been retaken.

It wouldn't be a pen if the bloke hadn't left his foot back hoping for contact, so they should take that into.account on var, which they will, when it suits them.
Thats such an important point people seem to just ignore because all they focus on is a freeze frame of one player standing on another players foot. The Italian lad left his foot there, Tarkowski just ran naturally and did nothing to foul him other than running and standing in a spot where the Italian left his foot. The Italian lad is screaming before he’s even been touched.

Well that guy will have hung his foot back hoping for a pen about 60 times this season & probably got one before tonight

It's cheating. Just like Salah's dive was cheating. Neither were natural movements to play the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.