International Matches | 1st - 15th June '22 | 19:45 Germany v Italy, Netherlands v Wales

Ends in a draw not over impressed with Portugal but a demanding season with precious little close season ain't gonna help.

Not impressed with them either.
I think the story of the night is Gavi. To think he’s only 17. Just like Bellingham.
Yeah he was class, the better movement from Spain. Portugal missing Ruben at the back.

It wasn't the greatest of performances but Portugal has a decent chance of winning the World Cup.

Pay Torres is one for now and just my opinion but Eric Garcia is so so. As someone who watched la liga a lot, Garcia at the back will either make your heart go in your ass or you’ll be surprised he made a great tackle.
Eric Garcia might not be the perfect match for teams like peak Burnley or Stoke, but for the teams like us, Barcelona or Spanish national team he is more than perfect. If you don't believe me, ask Pep, Enrique or Xavi. He's been suffering from the same argument against him, that Zinchenko has been subjected to ever since he became almost standard first team player. I understand some people were aggrieved he chose his home town team. Laporte makes more mistakes, miscalculations and bad tackles in three games than Eric Garcia had made in his whole Manchester City career.

Eric Garcia might not be the perfect match for teams like peak Burnley or Stoke, but for the teams like us, Barcelona or Spanish national team he is more than perfect. If you don't believe me, ask Pep, Enrique or Xavi. He's been suffering from the same argument against him, that Zinchenko has been subjected to ever since he became almost standard first team player. I understand some people were aggrieved he chose his home town team. Laporte makes more mistakes, miscalculations and bad tackles in three games than Eric Garcia had made in his whole Manchester City career.

Not a chance. Garcia is too small, he's slow and lacks guts, gets bullied easily and has little positional sense. Now he was very young when he was here so he could improve but once he had to play in our first team he was a disaster

I hear what you’re saying. See your points but if you watched la liga, you’d understand where I’m coming from. Have nothing against the lad whatsoever. People come and go. Part of life and part of the game. Also understand that people were aggrieved due to Pep playing him. Xavi may have played him but he started Pique and Araujo if he could help it. Garcia would only come on if someone ended up injured. Didn’t also play yesterday for Enrique.

Going forward, Spain will probably end up going with Laporte/Pau Torres and a few others before Garcia. He will feature at some point but I’d still take Laporte even with the mistakes you’ve counted over Garcia.

France v Denmark you say?

At Stade de France you say?

A mere 6 days on from the disrupted Cup Final you say?

Obviously, there will be disruption outside with all sorts of fake tickets. You know what those cheeky Danes are like ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.