International Matches | 6th - 15th October 2021 | South American qualifiers early hours of Friday (BST)

I think that is a really good comparison. No way would they have deemed that an intentional (or deliberate) back-pass.
Exactly. So depending where the ball ended up Mbappe or the Goalkeeper, one would be seen as a deliberate play and one wouldnt. YCMIU. But they do, continually

Hi Wattle, thanks for the insight.

I see the amendment to the law is below:

In addition, from this season: "A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent, who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save), is not considered to have gained an advantage."

My question would be, how is the word deliberately interpreted?

Deliberately
1. consciously and intentionally; on purpose.
2. in a careful and unhurried way.

Rodri's goal v Villa was allowed to stand due to Mings consciously controlling the ball and being under no pressure so therefor unhurried.

Although Garcia intentionally played at the ball, it was not in a careful or unhurried way.

I know you're not the authority on this but keen to know your thoughts.
Deliberate is defined in the laws as below:

Deliberate
An action which the player intended/meant to make; it is not a ‘reflex’ or unintended reaction

Of course he’s kicked on. He isn’t just a good player, he’s world class. By far PSG’s most threatening player when we played them.
I thought he'd be better than he currently is. I feel like he needs to be challenged, not just the league he's playing in but also the coach he's playing for.

Being PSG's best player the other night isn't really saying much and he was only good once he moved away from Walker and was up against a right back playing left back.

Deliberate is defined in the laws as below:

Deliberate
An action which the player intended/meant to make; it is not a ‘reflex’ or unintended reaction
Thanks Chris.

I'm guessing this amendment wasn't introduced for this kind of scenario. This is just a by-product of the wording and interpretation?

For me Garcia intentionally plays at the ball due to the presence of Mbappe, a reflex action if you like.

Who'd be a ref hey?

Decent summary here:

Basically Garcia would have been better leaving the ball, which shows what a farce the rule is.

You can't have the benefit of playing the offside trap and be allowed to make a play on the ball. It's one or the other.

Lukaku's first goal is the same situation.

I thought he'd be better than he currently is. I feel like he needs to be challenged, not just the league he's playing in but also the coach he's playing for.

Being PSG's best player the other night isn't really saying much and he was only good once he moved away from Walker and was up against a right back playing left back.

He left Dias for dead couple of times. Every time I watch him he always makes me think he’s the most dangerous player on the pitch, he’s just got the special ability to create a few yards from a defender, not many players can do that. I do agree that he needs to leave PSG, but there’s no doubting he’s a unbelievable player.

It certainly is. There were arguments about it on my refs course just three weeks ago. It’s ridiculous because if there was no var the flag goes up there
This has been the rule for a liitke while now.
Kane got a penalty against the dippers from an identical situation a couple years back. Lovren trued to cut out the pass to an offide kane. He couldnt control it and the ball went through to kane who was brought down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.