International Matches Thread | 3rd - 13th June '24

Croatia played today - it’s not on your list - and won 3-0 v North Macedonia.

Both our Croatians reported back last week - I wonder if they were asked back early or chose to go. When I listened to Kasper Schmeichels lastest interview with Gary Lineker he talks about wanting to spend as much time as possible with his national team. I assume that’s the case with some of these smaller countries like Croatia. So maybe they couldn’t wait to get back.
it was just normal procedure, joško arrived to croatia on monday and they both joined the team on friday. the head coach mentioned he doesn’t want them
to go more than a week without training so they all arrive at different times.

they all seem to be genuinely happy to be there, to the point that i’m surprised when somebody retires. :D

oh and they’re in a beach resort, could be worse :D

Attachments

• D296A71D-4FFD-4B57-A211-76CA966D528B.jpeg
    D296A71D-4FFD-4B57-A211-76CA966D528B.jpeg
    488.6 KB · Views: 12
it was just normal procedure, joško arrived to croatia on monday and they both joined the team on friday. the head coach mentioned he doesn’t want them
to go more than a week without training so they all arrive at different times.

they all seem to be genuinely happy to be there, to the point that i’m surprised when somebody retires. :D
@vanchi - give us the scoop on Croatia this year.

Doku has played well and just won a pen. I wouldn’t want to play against Montenegro every week. They gave away about a hundred free kicks in the game. A very rough team.

@vanchi - give us the scoop on Croatia this year.
meh i don’t have any expectations. our coach is all vibes and stuff, he will probably take some players who were injured and barely played, like perisic who only played 2x60 minutes before monday, he had a bad injury and was out for ages.

brozović went from being a ucl final captain to saudi league so who knows how’s that gonna work. we will probably play players out of position instead using some actual wingers although we don’t have good ones.

lovro majer who was excellent on monday will probably end up benched as usually.

he’ll move gvardiol to lb which pisses me off immensely, i am actually angry.

he had martin baturina start on monday but had him play cm/dm something, dude just let them play where they play best.

our group’s the most difficult one, we traditionally don’t do well v spain. i’m not looking forward to spending 90 minutes waiting for a rodri rocket AGAIN.

some supercomputer predicted 10th place, so 0 expectations, 100% screaming at the tv for me, still considering getting a new hobby before it starts.

i did buy a croatia bucket hat when i went to buy some groceries :D just need a defibrilator now!

Never backing Wales again, I should know better really. Got them down to score over 2.5 goals against Gibraltar on an acca. Needless to say I wish I hadn't bothered they are fucking dogshit as bad as Scotland

Portugal-Croatia today. Calling @vanchi. What do you reckon? Tough one against Portugal today, but a good test before the likes of Spain or Italy.
I am curious to see how Portugal does against a stronger opponent because I reckon they can do some damage in the Euros and maybe even win the tournament! Expecting to see some of our lads as well; Bernardo, Ruben, Josko, Kova. Let's see if Nunes gets a chance as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.