Internationals September 5-10 Euro Qualifiers

I agree with most of this. I think Kane gets a lot of unfair stick, especially given he is still coming back from injury. Perhaps he has replaced Raheem as the whipping boy. There have been real signs these past couple of matches that Kane and Sterling are starting to build a strong relationship. I also don't think Kane gets enough credit for his passing abilities. That said I thought he was very static for Spurs against City recently and he does seem to have lost some pace. Like many players I think he would improve and flourish under a great coach like Pep. I am not sure Spurs are getting the best out of him at the moment.

Very much agreed. They seem to have developed an excellent understanding.

Agreed with this. His all round game has definitely dropped a level or two over the past couple of injury blighted seasons. Still good for 20-30 goals a season, though - injuries allowing.
I feel similarly about Aguero really. It's hard to come at this kind of subject and not sound like a mad man because he's obviously elite level (and I think he's always been a better all-round player than Kane), but I think he could have easily been a 40-50 goal per season player had he not been injured every other month between 2012 and 2015. There's a particular passage of play from 2014, funnily enough from a game against Spurs at White Hart Lane, that I always remember, where he skips past three defenders in a flash and smacks it off the post from a tight angle. It's the first clip in this video.

He went off before half-time in that game with yet another injury. Then a few weeks after coming back he picked up another hamstring injury in a game against Everton. It meant he wasn't properly fit for the World Cup. His injury record might well have stopped him (and Messi) from winning the tournament, considering they lost so narrowly to Germany in the final. It was a game Aguero couldn't even start because his fitness was a huge question mark, which meant that Higuain started ahead of him. Hey, maybe if Aguero had started that game this miss never would have happened.

Aguero's last hamstring injury was four years ago, so he's well beyond those chronic problems now, but I think it cost him a yard of pace that he's never quite managed to get back. Had Guardiola not come in and turned him into one of the best all-round forwards in the game, I'm not sure where his career would have gone or how quickly he would have tailed off. It's something we City fans like to forget but when Lampard left for New York in 2015 he dished a lot of dirt on Aguero that made me really question his attitude to the game: “Sergio picked up a fair few [fines]. He just didn’t care. He was so laid back and would just stroll out to the training pitch like five minutes late.”

When Pep came in and we signed Jesus, there was a lot of premature talk that Aguero was on his way out but it wasn't completely without evidence. His goalscoring record was still excellent but his overall play took a few months to get back to normal. Even after a few months under Pep, Aguero was struggling against Championship defenders in cup games. I remember us beating Huddersfield 5-1 in the FA Cup, and though he had a good game (scoring twice) there were times where their centre-halves beat him for pace. Sergio Aguero, struggling against second tier defenders - something didn't add up.

I don't think it's a coincidence that he received his only red card during that 16/17 season. He cut a very frustrated figure for most of the campaign and went through tough patches where he couldn't find the net.

Sadly I think the period of his career where he would have kicked on to become a Ronaldo-level robotic goal machine was lost to repeated hamstring injuries that slowed him down and a managerial regime that didn't seem to give a stuff about sports science and player fitness. By the time Sergio should have been hitting his peak (2014-2017) he was instead getting to grips with a new diet that stopped him from having such bad muscular issues - no red meat, low carbs - and struggling with a knee injury that he later had surgery on. Since that knee surgery in April 2018 he's shown signs of being the sort of striker who would have been capable of scoring 40+ goals a season when he was in his mid-20s.

He's consistently registered 30-goal seasons since Guardiola's arrival, he's obviously absolutely excellent, and he's deservedly leading the way for the Golden Boot right now, but he's technically at the point in his career where players usually enter a decline. What I'm trying to say is that him finally being free of injury now has allowed him to join up with his original trajectory, but sadly at the point where the line goes down. 2013/14 should have been the point where he really kicked on but he only made 30 starts in all competitions. In those 30 starts he scored 28 goals. Last season he made 41 starts - back in 13/14 that number of starts would have seen him register 35-38 goals.

So while he's excellent, and while he'll leave this country as a City and Premier League legend, I think he could have been a football god on the levels of Maradona, Messi, Pele, Ronaldo, etc. And I'm wondering whether Kane's legacy will be similar in the future - he'll be remembered as a great striker, but not the godlike figure it seemed like he could be before injuries got on top of him and stopped him from reaching his maximum potential.

@The Black Shed @MadchesterCity @Blueknows @hammocity

The winning streak ends this weekend — take these with an extremely large bag of salt as I went out a bit further with them given I am using a small portion of my winnings from the international break (the rest was put in savings, per my rules of betting).

My bets for the weekend:

Exact Score | 13-1 | £5
Liverpool 4 - 1 Newcastle

Accry - Match Outcome | 33-1 | £5
Burnley
Leicester
Everton

Comb | 14-1 | £10
Manchester City Win
Over 4.5 Goals
Agüero to score at least 2
Pukki to score at least 1

Comb | 30-1 | £5
Spurs-Palace Draw
Under 4.5 Goals
Over 4.5 Cards
Kane to score at least 1

I didn't watch the last England match because it's now beginning to bore me, genuinely never thought I would ever say that because I was a flag waving constant believer when they played.

The winning streak ends this weekend — take these with an extremely large bag of salt as I went out a bit further with them given I am using a small portion of my winnings from the international break (the rest was put in savings, per my rules of betting).

My bets for the weekend:

Exact Score | 13-1 | £5

Burnley
Leicester
Everton

Comb | 14-1 | £10
Manchester City Win
Over 4.5 Goals

Comb | 30-1 | £5
Spurs-Palace Draw
Under 4.5 Goals
Over 4.5 Cards
Kane to score at least 1

Can't see Liverpool conceding, my fantasy.premierleague team doesn't want that scoreline, hopefully they concede and drop points
Thanks some interesting ones there, Burnley, Leicster and Everton could come in but suspect might be one draw in there.

Hope your City bet comes in but obviously would prefer Pukki not to score! Think Norwich are light in defenders.

Expect Spurs will win but that's good odds

@SebastianBlue

Thanks for the tips, I have several accumulators running and a few fun bets

12 team accumulator at 913-1

Brechin v Cove over 2.5 goals
Wolves v Chelsea BTTS
SheffUtd v Southampton 1X
Rotherham v Bolton
Swindon v Macclesfield
Salford v Cheltenham
Exeter v Leyton
S****horpe v Morecambe
Edinburgh v Annan
Ipswich v Doncaster
Peterborough v Rochdale
Burton v Coventry

12 team accumulator at 714-1

Wolves v Chelsea BTTS
Hamilton v Celtic over 2.5 total goals
Brechin v Cove over 2.5 total goals
SheffUts v Southampton 1X
Rotherham v Bolton
Swindon v Macclesfield
Salford V Cheltenham
Exeter v Leyton
S****horpe v Morecambe
Edinburgh v Annan
Ipswich v Doncaster

Sixfold at 530-1

Brechin v Cove Over 2.5 away goals
Hamilton v Celtic over 2.5 away goals
Man Utd v Leicster BTTS
De Bruyne goal and assist
Salah goal and assist
SheffUtd v Southampton BTTS

Twelvefold at 130-1

Watford - Arsenal
Norwich City - Manchester City
Liverpool
- Newcastle United
Brechin City - Cove Rangers
Montrose - East Fife
Real Sociedad - Atlético Madrid
Guam - Philippines
Rangers
FC - Livingston
Hamilton Academical - Celtic
Paris
SG - Strasbourg
Scotland - Belgium
Manchester United - Leicester City X2

Twelvefold at 10-1

Liverpool - Newcastle United
Juventus
- Hellas Verona
Paris SG - Strasbourg
Real Madrid - Levante
Bayern - 1. FC Köln
Rangers FC - Livingston
Inter - Udinese
Benfica - Gil Vicente
Portimonense - FC Porto

Maguire to get booked and United to lose 18-1
Leiscter win and Vardy hatrick 110-1
Leiscter win and Vardy hatrick 25-1

Aguero to score 4
Aguero to score 3
Aguero to score 2

My bets for the weekend:

Exact Score | 13-1 | £5

Burnley
Leicester
Everton

Comb | 14-1 | £10
Manchester City Win
Over 4.5 Goals

Comb | 30-1 | £5
Spurs-Palace Draw
Under 4.5 Goals
Over 4.5 Cards
Kane to score at least 1
Thanks Seb, question...
On the handicap market why is it that Norwich (+3 goals) are better odds than City (-3 goals), it's the same thing Shirley ?

Thanks Seb, question...
On the handicap market why is it that Norwich (+3 goals) are better odds than City (-3 goals), it's the same thing Shirley ?
It’s not the same odds, as you normally bet on those potential outcomes separately, and won is based on Norwich losing by a certain margin, whilst the other is based on City winning by a certain margin, so one can be more likely than the other (if it’s a normal handicap bet, that is).

In this case, they are indicating what we all think: City are more likely to win by 4 or more goals than Norwich are to lose by 2 or less.

Can't see Liverpool conceding, my fantasy.premierleague team doesn't want that scoreline, hopefully they concede and drop points
Thanks some interesting ones there, Burnley, Leicster and Everton could come in but suspect might be one draw in there.

Hope your City bet comes in but obviously would prefer Pukki not to score! Think Norwich are light in defenders.

Expect Spurs will win but that's good odds
That accry is definitely tenuous, but away results ones usually are. The draw may actually come in the United-Leicester match (I was thinking of doing two to cover that eventuality... and might still do).

I would prefer Pukki not score, as well, as my rival for the top in one of my cash FPL leagues has been riding his wave thus far, but preference is irrelevant in betting, of course, and I think he may nick one today.

I actually expect Spurs to win (just) but couldn’t help laying the bet based on the odds... there is still a real possibility it comes good.

@SebastianBlue

Thanks for the tips, I have several accumulators running and a few fun bets

12 team accumulator at 913-1

Wolves v Chelsea BTTS
SheffUtd v Southampton 1X
Rotherham v Bolton
Swindon v Macclesfield
Salford v Cheltenham
Exeter v Leyton
S****horpe v Morecambe
Edinburgh v Annan
Ipswich v Doncaster
Peterborough v Rochdale
Burton v Coventry

12 team accumulator at 714-1

Wolves v Chelsea BTTS
Hamilton v Celtic over 2.5 total goals
Brechin v Cove over 2.5 total goals
SheffUts v Southampton 1X
Rotherham v Bolton
Swindon v Macclesfield
Salford V Cheltenham
Exeter v Leyton
S****horpe v Morecambe
Edinburgh v Annan
Ipswich v Doncaster

Sixfold at 530-1

Brechin v Cove Over 2.5 away goals
Hamilton v Celtic over 2.5 away goals
Man Utd v Leicster BTTS
De Bruyne goal and assist
Salah goal and assist
SheffUtd v Southampton BTTS

Twelvefold at 130-1

Watford - Arsenal
Liverpool
- Newcastle United
Montrose - East Fife
Real Sociedad - Atlético Madrid
Guam - Philippines
Rangers
FC - Livingston
Paris
SG - Strasbourg
Scotland - Belgium
Manchester United - Leicester City X2

Twelvefold at 10-1

Liverpool - Newcastle United
Juventus
- Hellas Verona
Paris SG - Strasbourg
Real Madrid - Levante
Bayern - 1. FC Köln
Rangers FC - Livingston
Inter - Udinese
Benfica - Gil Vicente
Portimonense - FC Porto

Maguire to get booked and United to lose 18-1
Leiscter win and Vardy hatrick 110-1
Leiscter win and Vardy hatrick 25-1

Aguero to score 4
Aguero to score 3
Aguero to score 2
You’ve gone full lottery, mate! ;-)

Hope they all come good, of course, but especially your Aguero punts.

Actually just put £5 on us to get Over 2.5 cards and Norwich to get under 2.5, after seeing the odds at 24-5.

Will cover all of my bets today.

@The Black Shed @Blueknows

Unibet currently has Rodri picking up a card at 8-1. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.