Interview with Hillsborough Victims Mother

So what we are saying here is that Liverpool fans are free of blame yet alot of them all turned up ticketless and went into the ground when they fully well knew that the terraces in them days were uncomfortable when packed especially for a big game.

So it took this 15 year old lad nearly an hour to die, but because every death was decreed as effecitively happening by 315pm his Mother is not allowed to ask questions?

That's a disgrace. If I was her I would want answers too, particularly as it seems that swift attention might have saved him.

Good luck to her.

Still amazes me why terraces are banned.

They had nothing to do with people dieing.

mackenzie said:
So it took this 15 year old lad nearly an hour to die, but because every death was decreed as effecitively happening by 315pm his Mother is not allowed to ask questions?

That's a disgrace. If I was her I would want answers too, particularly as it seems that swift attention might have saved him.

Good luck to her.
It was vile lie after vile lie,from the moment the lie was exposed about WHO opened the gates to the 2 videos going missing the police chiefs tried to squirm out of any responsibility.
Plenty of stuff on the net about the cover up,unbelivable how they got away with it,even to the police chief who was incharge on the day retiring with ill health so he wouldn't have to go to court.

bluemanc said:
Andy G said:
And a video version for those that prefer:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.hfdinfo.com/play.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.hfdinfo.com/play.php</a>
I put a link up earlier to give you a full sumary of what happened on the day and the twenty years since. Here is a shortened version so that you don't have to go too far out of your way to gain some knowledge of the facts. It was called Hillsborough For Dummies in line with the 'For Dummies' books and for the same reason, it is for people who have no knowledge:
What knowledge of the day do you have ?????
I know people that were at both Heysel & Hillsborough & i know more about both disasters than you will ever know judging by your exceptance of what is said on your links.
So what do you or Nicola McMillan REALLY know. ?????????????
The Justice for the 96 is something i support bigtime, as my earlier posts reflect but one or 2 comments on your links from the RAWK video are not accurate & you should know that.

This is not about me, but in answer to your question, I came on this website a few weeks ago to post a story about Joe Mercer that I thought people would appreciate – I think they did. I did not come on after our game as I thought it inappropriate. I took this chance to raise awareness of the actual facts behind the disaster and the ongoing fight for Justice.

My crudentials are that I am a survivor of Hillsborough. I lost a close friend, as well as another girl I knew and two cousins who I did not know from both sides of my family – each of my parents had a family funeral to go to, we all went to my close friends. I have followed with interest the events over the years, and have been directly involved with aspects of both the Hillsborough Justice Campaign and over the last few month have got to know Anne Williams by phone and email, as I now live in Germany. I think you have underestimated my knowledge of what really happened. I do not want or need to play on peoples conscience though, as the facts are there in the public forum already – it is only in the courts that they have not been heard.

I do not know Nicola McMillan (Who I get the feeling is a lawyer, but I don’t know ad is of no consequence either), but I do know that she and a number of other people have put Hillborough for Dummies together because so many people have no idea of what really happened either on the day, but especially since. It was put together with the full approval of Anne Williams, the Hillsborough Justice Campaign and I think I am right in saying the Hillsborough Family Support Group and Liverpool FC too. I know that Anne would have made more of the lies told under oath by the investigating officer from the West Midlands police force with more effect. That is the West Midlands Police officer who was on temporary suspension for issues relating to the West Midlands Serious Crime Squad (you know, the ones related to the Birmingham 6 amongst others), but because it was outside the West Midlands, was deemed competent to investigate the South Yorkshire Police roll in the disaster.

The thing about Hillsborough is that there are so many myths. Drunken Fans. Fans with no tickets. Charging a gate etc.. The thing is, that not only were all these incorrect – but they are proven beyond any doubt (not even reasonable doubt) as incorrect. But then in then in the minds of the general population, the lies that were told by the authorities immediately after (and during), and then there is also Heysel, which is a different kettle of fish altogether as although there were many contributing factors, there was violence and 39 people died. Mud sticks.

I have been impressed with the people on this forum generally, and if anyone wants any back-up evidence of anything within the Hillsborough for Dummies, or anything that I have said, I will be only too willing to provide it where I can. And where I cannot, I will approach the relevant parties who I am sure will oblige.

I hope I have been informative.

Goater666 said:
Still amazes me why terraces are banned.

They had nothing to do with people dieing.

After Hillsborough, I was totally against terracing - anything to avoid that again was my theory, but now knowing a little more about what really happened, and the Safe Standing areas that have been introduced in Europe which have been a great success, I am with you totally.

I certainly remember some of the details, but I just wonder if this hadn't been 96 football fans whether such a sweeping generalisation of each death would have even been considered.

I understand the scale of the tragedy makes it hard to explain and/investigate every death but this woman has evidence, from a WPC, that her lad was still alive nearly an hour later.

Andy G said:
bluemanc said:
I know people that were at both Heysel & Hillsborough & i know more about both disasters than you will ever know judging by your exceptance of what is said on your links.
The Justice for the 96 is something i support bigtime, as my earlier posts reflect but one or 2 comments on your links from the RAWK video are not accurate & you should know that.

This is not about me, but in answer to your question, I came on this website a few weeks ago to post a story about Joe Mercer that I thought people would appreciate – I think they did. I did not come on after our game as I thought it inappropriate. I took this chance to raise awareness of the actual facts behind the disaster and the ongoing fight for Justice.

My crudentials are that I am a survivor of Hillsborough. I lost a close friend, as well as another girl I knew and two cousins who I did not know from both sides of my family – each of my parents had a family funeral to go to, we all went to my close friends. I have followed with interest the events over the years, and have been directly involved with aspects of both the Hillsborough Justice Campaign and over the last few month have got to know Anne Williams by phone and email, as I now live in Germany. I think you have underestimated my knowledge of what really happened. I do not want or need to play on peoples conscience though, as the facts are there in the public forum already – it is only in the courts that they have not been heard.

I do not know Nicola McMillan (Who I get the feeling is a lawyer, but I don’t know ad is of no consequence either), but I do know that she and a number of other people have put Hillborough for Dummies together because so many people have no idea of what really happened either on the day, but especially since. It was put together with the full approval of Anne Williams, the Hillsborough Justice Campaign and I think I am right in saying the Hillsborough Family Support Group and Liverpool FC too. I know that Anne would have made more of the lies told under oath by the investigating officer from the West Midlands police force with more effect. That is the West Midlands Police officer who was on temporary suspension for issues relating to the West Midlands Serious Crime Squad (you know, the ones related to the Birmingham 6 amongst others), but because it was outside the West Midlands, was deemed competent to investigate the South Yorkshire Police roll in the disaster.

The thing about Hillsborough is that there are so many myths. Drunken Fans. Fans with no tickets. Charging a gate etc.. The thing is, that not only were all these incorrect – but they are proven beyond any doubt (not even reasonable doubt) as incorrect. But then in then in the minds of the general population, the lies that were told by the authorities immediately after (and during), and then there is also Heysel, which is a different kettle of fish altogether as although there were many contributing factors, there was violence and 39 people died. Mud sticks.

I have been impressed with the people on this forum generally, and if anyone wants any back-up evidence of anything within the Hillsborough for Dummies, or anything that I have said, I will be only too willing to provide it where I can. And where I cannot, I will approach the relevant parties who I am sure will oblige.

It was the for dummy's bit that was annoying mate,it's not just your fans that have followed what went on after the tragedy.
As i've said Justice for the 96,the scum that lied & hid the cctv tapes deserve long prision sentences.
The police shouldn't be allowed to get away with this.

Andy G said:
bluemanc said:

Yes, you have been, thanks.

As I've said I haven't read the report and don't intend to. I have in laws who are Liverpool fans who were at the game. My brother in law lost a good mate at Hillsborough, and stopped going to Anfield for almost ten years after that day. My father in law hasn't been since. We've spoken about it, and they are both still disgusted at the behaviour of some Liverpool supporters prior to the sad events that unfolded.

I appreciate the police were wrong on many levels, but I cannot and do not accept that every LFC fan at the ground that day was the picture of sweetness and light. I think that is a naive idea. Surely those that arrived with no ticket, intent on getting into the ground were at least in some part responsible for what happened.

If anyones interested, here is a link to the docu-drama that was shown on ITV in 1996.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.documentary-film.net/search/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.documentary-film.net/search/</a> ... eo&ref=129

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.