Interview with Khaldoon on the OS...

Soulboy said:
fbloke said:
I have be roundly ignored for my suggestion that Laporta could and SHOULD be made an offer he simply can't refuse.

Aren't there rumours that he is already being lined up... and part of his demands for the job was that Mancini stayed as manager?

Or have I just dreamt all that stuff up?

Actually come to think of it... I think it was some Italian geezer I'm thinking of!!!

It is something I have spoken about before but it came from my own thought processes and I do hope that hasn't turned into a rumour ;-)

If we want to be a club like Barca why not go get the man who understands Barca inside and out and who has gravitas to burn and universal respect in football?

The Fat el Hombre said:
Eh!? Laporta to City!? Bwahahahahahaha!

Would you not prefer him to Cook and Marwood?

I wasnt saying it was going to happen I am saying I would like that to happen. There is a big difference isnt there.

Why can't people get off Cook and Marwood's backs. Isn't it obvious that they are an integral part of what is happening at the club? Khaldoun and the Sheik have faith in them so why can't we all get behind everybody who are trying to drive our club forward. Cut out the sniping and pull together.

BillyShears said:
Soulboy said:
Aren't there rumours that he is already being lined up... and part of his demands for the job was that Mancini stayed as manager?

Or have I just dreamt all that stuff up?

Actually come to think of it... I think it was some Italian geezer I'm thinking of!!!

I've got it on pretty good authority that Cook's going nowhere for the foreseeable future and that the owners have the ultimate faith in the Executive set up at City...

Without wishing to diss you (and that is possibly the first and last time I shall use that phrase...), being told on "good authority" is not always a sure sign that is what is going to happen... now is it?

After recent events I would suggest that nothing is certain when it comes to news coming out of Manchester City!

fbloke said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Eh!? Laporta to City!? Bwahahahahahaha!

I wasnt saying it was going to happen I am saying I would like that to happen. There is a big difference isnt there.

I really don't see what credentials Laporta has (other than being a shameless self publicist, and having an ego which would dwarf even Kenyon's), to be put in charge of a premiership football club. In fact, didn't half of the Barca board of directors resign a few years back in protest to his authoritarian ways.

I understand that lots of people don't think Cook, Marwood, et al are doing a good enough job - but the truth is that a lot of what Cook does goes on behind the scenes, so we have no way of knowing just how highly regarded he is by ADUG. I would say a similar thing about Marwood. I'm sure it's on record somewhere that it was Marwood who wanted Hughes gone, and who pushed for Mancini. It was also Marwood who was sceptical about the signings of Toure, and Ade, and the prolonged pursuit of Terry and Lescott - and also of Hughes' general policy of signing only proven premiership players.

Anyway, it's fun to speculate Fbloke...;- )<br /><br />-- Fri May 07, 2010 1:28 pm --<br /><br />
Soulboy said:
BillyShears said:
I've got it on pretty good authority that Cook's going nowhere for the foreseeable future and that the owners have the ultimate faith in the Executive set up at City...

Without wishing to diss you (and that is possibly the first and last time I shall use that phrase...), being told on "good authority" is not always a sure sign that is what is going to happen... now is it?

After recent events I would suggest that nothing is certain when it comes to news coming out of Manchester City!

I'll take the fifth on that one Soulboy...;- )

And this probably the first and last time I shall use that phrase...

Seriously though, I'll take a wager of whatever size you would like, that Cook will still be at City in his current role come the end of next season...

BillyShears said:
fbloke said:

I really don't see what credentials Laporta has (other than being a shameless self publicist, and having an ego which would dwarf even Kenyon's), to be put in charge of a premiership football club. In fact, didn't half of the Barca board of directors resign a few years back in protest to his authoritarian ways.

I understand that lots of people don't think Cook, Marwood, et al are doing a good enough job - but the truth is that a lot of what Cook does goes on behind the scenes, so we have no way of knowing just how highly regarded he is by ADUG. I would say a similar thing about Marwood. I'm sure it's on record somewhere that it was Marwood who wanted Hughes gone, and who pushed for Mancini. It was also Marwood who was sceptical about the signings of Toure, and Ade, and the prolonged pursuit of Terry and Lescott - and also of Hughes' general policy of signing only proven premiership players.

Anyway, it's fun to speculate Fbloke...;- )

I am a fan of Garry Cook, I have defended him on these very boards when it was very unpopular to do so, and I really do appreciate what he does and how important he is to City's developments going forwards.

What I would say though is that he isnt necessarily the figurehead we perhaps need at this stage in the clubs development.

Chelsea brought Kenyon in in order to get taken seriously before they started spending the cash didnt they?

Why not bring in a respected and well connected person whilst maintaining Cook in a role he is well placed to do?

fbloke said:
I am a fan of Garry Cook, I have defended him on these very boards when it was very unpopular to do so, and I really do appreciate what he does and how important he is to City's developments going forwards.

What I would say though is that he isnt necessarily the figurehead we perhaps need at this stage in the clubs development.

Chelsea brought Kenyon in in order to get taken seriously before they started spending the cash didnt they?

Why not bring in a respected and well connected person whilst maintaining Cook in a role he is well placed to do?

I would say primarily because ultimately, money, status, and power, of which our owners have all three in spades, talk much more than a nominal 'figurehead'. Sheikh Mansoor's brother, for example, was a guest of Laporta's at our pre-season friendly with Barca. Laporta and Fiorentino Perez both have been guests of the Sheikh in Abu Dhabi. Morrati, Belusconi, et al - they all know who our owners are, and the power and respect they command.

On top of all of that, I imagine that when it comes to signings of the "Torres" caliber, I imagine that the Sheikh himself, or Khaldoon, would get involved in terms of selling the "project".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.