Invasion of Germany

bayern blade said:
MCC said:
I personally thjnk the hofbfauhaus is great fun with the band playing!

It's ok in itself but it's not Bayern. It's American tourists yee haaaing and camera frenzy japs photographing the four or five lederhosen clad plants on the stammtisch. It's the last place I'd recommend your fans go to see the real Munich.
A few of my mates want the name of the best brothel in case they need to warm up.

Dirty bastards.

andyhinch said:
bayern blade said:
MCC said:

It's ok in itself but it's not Bayern. It's American tourists yee haaaing and camera frenzy japs photographing the four or five lederhosen clad plants on the stammtisch. It's the last place I'd recommend your fans go to see the real Munich.
A few of my mates want the name of the best brothel in case they need to warm up.

The Leierkasten if it's still going. Not that I've ever been myself of course.......................well ok once when I was arseholed...

bayern blade said:
andyhinch said:
bayern blade said:

The Leierkasten if it's still going. Not that I've ever been myself of course.......................well ok once when I was arseholed...
Your mates probably dragged you in when pissed, I'll not make the same mistake.

bayern blade said:
MCC said:

Quick question Bayern Blade.

City fans aside, is it likely to be mobbed out with Tourists on the Tuesday afternoon/evening?

German Blues said:
raininspain said:
bayern blade said:
It's not all the bars, just the big beer halls. The Hofbräuhaus has been strictly no football colours for at least 20 years, they won't even let you in wearing a scarf.
It's not only match days either, it's seven days a week.

Went in there in July, when we were over for the Audi Cup. 100% for tourists and overpriced, there are far better places to have a drink in Munich.

Hofbräuhaus is definitely not the place to be in Munich. As Bayern Blade said, the Löwenbräu is a good beer cellar. Last times the Irish Pub next to the Marienplatz was also a good place. Also interesting for a post match drink.

Killens?

Ned Kellys is an Irish/Australian bar just off the Marienplatz where City fans met before and after both recent games against Bayern.....Kennedys Irish bar has the same owner but is a 10 minute walk from the Marienplatz and is a better bar in my opinion. Kennedys is outside Sendlinger Tor station and walkable from Central station.

Blue Punter said:
bayern blade said:
MCC said:

Quick question Bayern Blade.

City fans aside, is it likely to be mobbed out with Tourists on the Tuesday afternoon/evening?

The Hofbräuhaus ? I've not been in for ages but it always used to get fairly full, it's in all the tourist guides. You'll get a table easy enough in the afternoon though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.