Ipswich (H) - Sat 24th Aug | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly yes.

Looking at the first week’s average positions for each team, it looks like Leicester are the only team with a deeper team position than Ipswich.
Didn't they play on the counter versus the dippers

Did you guys not watch the Ipswich v Liverpool match? I watched the whole match. The first and second halves were completely different. Take a look at this graphic from MoTD and watch the highlights of the match on BBC iPlayer to see how high and aggressively Ipswich challenged in the first half. Make sure you watch the after match analysis, because it shows how much Ipswich pressed, 'man for man' in the first half especially.

lpl_Ips.JPG

Last edited:
I thought I’d heard they went man to man against littlewoods last game - which is exactly what Luton did against us iirc, so hopefully a similar outcome and an exciting game for blues to watch.

I thought I’d heard they went man to man against littlewoods last game - which is exactly what Luton did against us iirc, so hopefully a similar outcome and an exciting game for blues to watch.
You're right they did.
This is the PL summary of their game:
"Kieran McKenna promised his Ipswich side would stay true to the principles that have taken them from League 1 to the Premier League in two years, and the Northern Irishman was as good as his word.

During a frantic first 45 minutes, Ipswich pressed with huge amounts of aggression from their 4-2-3-1 base, unsettling Liverpool with their energised man-to-man approach.

In possession their short, sharp passing caught the eye, and just as it was in the Championship, Ipswich’s left winger Omari Hutchinson regularly moved inside to play as a No 10, freeing up left-back Leif Davis to attack.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the promoted side could not sustain the pace they set early on. Their pressing game faded, allowing a rejuvenated Liverpool side to push them back and control the match"

Travelling over from Cork on Saturday and staying in Eccles with a friend. What’s the quickest/best mode of public transport from there to the Etihad?

Travelling over from Cork on Saturday and staying in Eccles with a friend. What’s the quickest/best mode of public transport from there to the Etihad?

The tram goes to Eccles so you could go into town and get another tram to the ground.

Not my neck of the woods, but I thought you could get the tram direct from Eccles to Etihad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.