Ipswich (H) - Sat 24th Aug | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in that Holte end behind the goal, absolute bedlam when that shot hit the net.
I keep looking back to the pic
Paul Coopers eyes...I think he knows he is in trouble .he had not been expecting that..Paul Power, our work a day midfield player launches an missile from a dead ball that Eric gates is trying to block.....nothing was stopping that free kick. Nothing . Paul Power to take City thru to Wembley. It is still,one of ,my happiest moments in my whole life.
Ipswich were a bloody good team in those days..a force to be reckoned with.But City had the Power ,on the day. What a majestic free kick ,nobody is saving that..not even " Cooperman" ..our 5-1 keeper to be a few years later when we smashed utd 5-1 in the Maine road Massacre.
Ipswich ? You got done that day, Kevin Beattie and all, The Mighty Blues were having it.......so much for the depressing football documentary entitled " City !" which had been aired a few weeks before showing a disfunctional club crashing to earth....John Bond turned up and transformed us on to two scintillating domestic cup runs ,when the FA Cup and League cup meant so much more ,than today.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be at all surprised if Nunes starts in this one
Ipswich played very well in the first half against Liverpool, pressed them with physicality and energy. Imo Nunes is not good under pressure, loses possession too easily. I would rather bring him on in the second half, if he's going to play, when hopefully we have a lead and there's more space

Just wondering. Can Kalvin play in this? And I don't ask that in a mean-spirited way. I'd be quite curious to see if part of his shortcomings at City were because he's intimidated with what he's got around him. Unlikely, I know. But I'd still be curious to see if there's a player there, and if he fits in better in a recently promoted team. He didn't look too bad in the friendlies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.