Ipswich Town PL (H) |Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
Two superb finishes for Haaland, plus a well taken penalty, means I dont see how anyone else could be MOTM. Are we getting blasé about Erling? Lewis had a great game but was at fault for their goal, running sideways to try to play the Brighton player offside, by the time he realised it was not offside the Brighton lad was 5 yards clear for what was a well worked goal.

Two superb finishes for Haaland, plus a well taken penalty, means I dont see how anyone else could be MOTM. Are we getting blasé about Erling? Lewis had a great game but was at fault for their goal, running sideways to try to play the Brighton player offside, by the time he realised it was not offside the Brighton lad was 5 yards clear for what was a well worked goal.
Lewis is home grown, "one of our own" if you like. That earns you a lot of credit. He was excellent yesterday, no question. And he will be an excellent player for us. But he made a couple of errors. The one you mentioned, for the Ipswich goal. And the absolute sitter he missed. If that had been Phillips or Nunes I dread to think what would have been said on the match thread. But he's young, so he'll hopefully learn from those incidents. I'm sure Pep will sit him down in front of the laptop, watch the video and talk things through with him.

Lewis is home grown, "one of our own" if you like. That earns you a lot of credit. He was excellent yesterday, no question. And he will be an excellent player for us. But he made a couple of errors. The one you mentioned, for the Ipswich goal. And the absolute sitter he missed.
There were a few who made "errors" for their goal, and it started with Haaland clumsily giving the ball away in attack, it was followed by Doku (twice) not tracking Johnson, both far more experienced players, and without those errors Lewis wouldn't have made his error, and don't mention Ederson, who should have saved it anyway.

As for the "sitter" he missed, it was hardly important in the grand scheme of things as it was to make us 4-1 in front before 30 minutes. We've seen Haaland miss sitters like that, in more critical positions.

At 19, I think we can cut him a bit of slack, in a game he was absolutely brilliant for the most part.

There were a few who made "errors" for their goal, and it started with Haaland clumsily giving the ball away in attack, it was followed by Doku (twice) not tracking Johnson, both far more experienced players, and without those errors Lewis wouldn't have made his error, and don't mention Ederson, who should have saved it anyway.

As for the "sitter" he missed, it was hardly important in the grand scheme of things as it was to make us 4-1 in front before 30 minutes. We've seen Haaland miss sitters like that, in more critical positions.

At 19, I think we can cut him a bit of slack, in a game he was absolutely brilliant for the most part.
You reference his youth; I mentioned that in my post. Maybe you missed it? You also say about cutting him some slack; I said he's earned a lot of credit. Not sure why you felt the need to put sitter in quotation marks; are you implying that it wasn't? And that it's hardly important in the grand scheme of things. Goal difference? I don't know that it's going to come down to that. But neither do you. As for Haaland; yes, he has missed sitters. And has been called out on here for it. But I thought we were talking about Rico? You also said he was brilliant yesterday. I also said that (well; I used "excellent"; same difference). Just not sure what issues you had with my post when we're in pretty much broad agreement.

You reference his youth; I mentioned that in my post. Maybe you missed it?
No.
Not sure why you felt the need to put sitter in quotation marks; are you implying that it wasn't?
It was, but at 19, I can see why he tried to make sure by blasting it, he'll learn.
Just not sure what issues you had with my post when we're in pretty much broad agreement.
I didn't have issues with your post mate (I;m away all weekend so dipping in and out), but your post (the most recent at that point) summed up several other posts I'd read, so seemed the best to quote to make my points.

As well you know, we're well versed on here to criticise our own (too often for me). So after a great result, I just don't think he deserved any criticism after yesterday, yes he was partly at fault for their goal, but I've only seen him mentioned (not read every post by a long way), yet several others were equally, or perhaps even more responsible.

Gone with Alfies lad, because how can you not? But the thing that has impressed me both games this season is that pretty much everyone is playing well and we look better as a team than last year

I went with KdB, rather than the more obvious candidates. I just thought he played a very intelligent game and oiled the cogs neatly. Pity a couple of shots went narrowly wide.

Last edited:
Gone with Alfies lad, because how can you not? But the thing that has impressed me both games this season is that pretty much everyone is playing well and we look better as a team than last year
I was thinking how we look a few steps ahead of where we were last season - think Savinho is having a great impact. We are potentially even stronger this year with the continued development of Rico / Bobb and return of Gundo - it could all outweigh losing Alvarez.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.