IPTV

Just search Google the best IPTV 2021 go through them check the websites out interact with them see if you need a Vpn even though it’s recommended you do have one , see payment methods see if they give you a 24 hour trial!

It's normally 1080i (so 25fps interlaced) some suppliers do have 1080p so full 50 fps. But like all things you get what you pay for even with IPTV.
I have BT Sport as part of my internet package which is meant to be 1080p 50fps, but the feed from my IPTV supplier is often visually better quality.
What advantage is there to human viewing on any device at greater than 25 fps?

Got 2 mates who have their own setup and I use them both and honestly they're pretty good. Always good to have more than 1 system as well so you can switch between them if 1 has trouble.

My 3rd year with no Sky / BT bills and honestly it's been brilliant.

I can point people in the direction if required DM me.

What advantage is there to human viewing on any device at greater than 25 fps?
Aliasing effects. The higher the frame rate the less apparent the aliasing on fast moving images. It looks smoother because the firing of neurons in the eye is asynchronous. The critical fusion frequency as it is known (the rate of change which causes the image to blur) varies between people and light intensity so at low light levels it's around 10Hz and at high light levels as high as 80Hz.
I would however argue that much above 120fps is not really worth it.

Aliasing effects. The higher the frame rate the less apparent the aliasing on fast moving images. It looks smoother because the firing of neurons in the eye is asynchronous. The critical fusion frequency as it is known (the rate of change which causes the image to blur) varies between people and light intensity so at low light levels it's around 10Hz and at high light levels as high as 80Hz.
I would however argue that much above 120fps is not really worth it.
Thanks for reply.

What frame rate do cinemas use? In fact do they still make original film at 24fps which was originally chosen for human brain capability or is it recorded digitally at a faster framerate?

Thanks for reply.

What frame rate do cinemas use? In fact do they still make original film at 24fps which was originally chosen for human brain capability or is it recorded digitally at a faster framerate?
It's still shown at 24fps in cinemas but digital recordings that they use for movies are often recorded at higher frame rates particular where the have fast panning shots or want the do slow motion and then downsampled in production.

24fps is what gives the cinematic effect that you get when watching a movie on the big screen but at the cost of motion blur. I don't know if it's the case but I would imagine that motion blur is also less perceptible on a very large screen as you can't really focus on the whole image.

The use of 24fps is really historical and was seen as a good compromise between quality and cost, as film was expensive. It's just that were been conditioned to some extent that 24fps is what movies on the big screen should look like. It's a good job as well as in modern movies it means there are less frames to which they need to apply special effects.

For sports however you need higher frame rates for it to look crisp.

Just want to point out I'm an engineer by profession (Physics degree) so by no means an authority on the subject of film making but have always had a passing interest in how it's done.

Last edited:
My 12 month subscription has now expired.
Can anyone point me int he direction of a good quality supplier to use with my firestick?
I was using a pretty popular one from a guy on Facebook it has been a bit temperamental these past few months.
Only really use it for watching football on.
Ive had elite iptv for years but like other sites its getting pretty poor.i now use kodi and use the add on rising tides then live football.never buffers and good quality as not many people are using kodi these days .Added benefit is its totally free.

It's still shown at 24fps in cinemas but digital recordings that they use for movies are often recorded at higher frame rates particular where the have fast panning shots or want the do slow motion and then downsampled in production.

24fps is what gives the cinematic effect that you get when watching a movie on the big screen but at the cost of motion blur. I don't know if it's the case but I would imagine that motion blur is also less perceptible on a very large screen as you can't really focus on the whole image.

The use of 24fps is really historical and was seen as a good compromise between quality and cost, as film was expensive. It's just that were been conditioned to some extent that 24fps is what movies on the big screen should look like. It's a good job as well as in modern movies it means there are less frames to which they need to apply special effects.

For sports however you need higher frame rates for it to look crisp.

Just want to point out I'm an engineer by profession (Physics degree) so by no means an authority on the subject of film making but have always had a passing interest in how it's done.
Thanks for your thoughts on this.
I suppose the historical link for 24fps lies with the human brains capability to create video out of full frames. I would imagine that watching a sports event directly requires coordinated eye and neck movement to follow say a ball and we still get blurr sometimes, at least I do. Watching a TV uses cameras to emulate physical movement with different views (cameras) to follow say ball movement so much has to be coordinated.
I can see a potential need for gamers regarding anticipation for faster than the brain can process but surely our limit is still human brain speed?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.