Ireland Leaving - Absolute Disaster

Didsbury Dave said:
dw7 said:
without a doubt the best player for us and we finished 10th

not involved much this year and we're pushing for 4th

do the maths will we miss him if he go's

If you're doing maths you need to factor £200 million into the equation.

i did factor the 200m and now he aint in the side cause we have better players we're moving on if he doesn't wanna knuckel down and come along with us then its bye bye for me

robbieh said:
Didsbury Dave said:
If you're doing maths you need to factor £200 million into the equation.

So DD are you saying that the arrival of better players has pushed Ireland down the pecking order?

That's not what I'm saying at all, although doubtless Tevez's arrival has been a big factor.

I'm just saying that it's grossly simplistic to say that we're higher in the league without him as a regular. We're higher in the league because we've spent a fortune on player, not because Ireland isn't figuring every week.

Anyway, this has been done to death. I've made it plain my feelings on Stephen Ireland.

Looks like Bobby reads Bluemoon....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6051794,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 94,00.html</a>

For the moment, he's very much a City player.

I really Love Ireland to bits and I hope he somehow ges a start tonight. However his " Chance" of turning into another Xavi or Lampard or even Luca Modric appear to be getting less and less. He is Brilliant, sadly he will never be quite at the top,top level.

Still hope I am wrong though. I want him to stay.

Big Big night for him! Hopefully the whole team will be set up to attack though otherwise it could prove to be another frustrating performance

Re: Ireland Leaving - Absolutely Disaster

The Fixer said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Just had a coffee with a very good contact on the agent side. I can't give any more info but he's been very reliable in the past.

Steven Ireland is 99% likely to leave City in the summer. The interested parties at the moment are three of the traditional top four. All three want him subject to transfer fee. He was also guest of honour at one of Europe's top clubs two weeks ago.

The reason he wants to leave is simple - the way he has been overlooked and treated by City this season, particularly by our current manager.

If - I am actually told it is now a "when", but there has to be some hope - he leaves to join one of our rivals I will be absolutely devastated. No, I will be angry. It would be the worst "out" transfer I can ever remember. Yes, it was sad to see the back of Francis, Stewart and Kinkladze amongst others but these were all for money.

This will not be for financial reasons. It will come back to haunt us. The clubs who want him will use him properly. Imagine him running United's midfield against us. It will be like seeing your wife sucking another man's member.

I will be furious to see him leave. He's one of the best natural talents at the club. I can predict the thread already - "blah blah he's been shit this year" from all the numpties.

Well fuck you if you want Patrick Vieira in our team/squad ahead of Stevie Ireland.

I'm gutted about this.

I posted on the Torres thread when dippers played pompey, rumour round anfield was ireland off to them and potentially included in any torres deal mate.

Was just a rumour my cousin belled me who is a kop st holder and he said everyone he spoke to round anfield was chatting about it.

Great deal jump at it we get one of the best strikers in the world.... We improve n they get a player that cant get in our team cos he's shite n a few quid........ They get worse. Jobs a good un

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.