Ireland must play vs liverpool

simon23

Team supported
ManCity
The lad must play vs liverpool....the only player that adds any creativity fro the centre.

liverpool are a footballing team so no need to play the 3 defenisve midleflders like we have done vs stoke

mancini has no excuses to play negative tactics against a footballing team like liverpool

simon23 said:
The lad must play vs liverpool....the only player that adds any creativity fro the centre.

liverpool are a footballing team so no need to play the 3 defenisve midleflders like we have done vs stoke

mancini has no excuses to play negative tactics against a footballing team like liverpool

i'd drop vieira and bring back swp to have the 2 wingers and two up top

No he shouldn't, he doesn't merit a starting place he has been pathetic this season.

We should however play with two wingers. Johnson and SWP.

We will be all behind the team on sunday but no way will Ireland or Shauny play, we know what type of team we will put out

simon23 said:

Not too sure myself. I'd have two wide men (probably SWP and Johnson). Two holding midfielders (probably Vieira and Barry). Adebayor up front with Tevez 'in the hole'. Who would you leave out to accomodate Ireland?

People will be shocked if they think Liverpool are a footballing team.

They have been a carbon-copy of ourselves all season. Benitez floods the midfield, as proved at Arsenal last week.

The most ordinary Liverpool team in twenty years. Wouldn't surprise me if we cancel each other out - 0-0 or 1-0 to us.

Stephen Ireland does not deserve a startin place he had his chance in the cup against Stoke at home and did fook all, and has done fook all all season. He has to earn the right to start and grab his chances when he gets them whether that be from the bench or starting 11. For me we should go 442 with Johno on the left and SWP on the right (unless bellers is available!!!)

I thought he did well for the first half hour against Bolton which, coincidentally, was when City had their best spell in the game. He made that lovely pass to SWP for our weird first goal. There is no doubt that he has the skill and ability to create goals and I think he should play against Liverpool. Why not give him the chance considering that both Barry and De Jong are producing consistently poor performances but still getting picked for every game. Maybe his game is a bit too attacking for Mancini's style of play????.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
People will be shocked if they think Liverpool are a footballing team.

They have been a carbon-copy of ourselves all season. Benitez floods the midfield, as proved at Arsenal last week.

The most ordinary Liverpool team in twenty years. Wouldn't surprise me if we cancel each other out - 0-0 or 1-0 to us.
Agree totally with the above, Liverpool are not a footballing team, and the way we are playing this game could be one of the slowest, dullest games in the prem this season. But I wont give a shit as long as were get 3 points, my only worry is now that we occupy 4th, I hope Mancini isn't going to set us up for a point.
On Ireland I wouldn't play him, De-jong is needed this game to help snuff out Gerrard in his deep forward role, and Barry has been our best midfielder, but I'd play natural wingers on either side, aka, SWP and Johnson to get at there shite full backs, Carragher has been full back for a while now and he hates pace , he's even admitted it, and also if fit I'd play Tevez and Bellamy up top together, there isn't much height between those 2, but as long as we dont play long balls and play balls through the channels those 2 together would be a right pain in the ass for there back 4.

Ireland looks great when we are winning by 2 goals against easy opposition. Against liverpool it'll be a battle, the type of game where Ireland goes missing. I'd rather stick with Viera, at least he showed a bit of bottle last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.