Ireland must play vs liverpool

br55 said:
I thought he did well for the first half hour against Bolton which, coincidentally, was when City had their best spell in the game. He made that lovely pass to SWP for our weird first goal. There is no doubt that he has the skill and ability to create goals and I think he should play against Liverpool. Why not give him the chance considering that both Barry and De Jong are producing consistently poor performances but still getting picked for every game. Maybe his game is a bit too attacking for Mancini's style of play????.
Barry got over his bad spell a while ago now mate.

we need a sold mid and i dont think irekand can bring that we need to win the battle in the middle and this will make the game easyer. i only watched the highlights last nite how did johnson play, i think we need to use the wings more, if we use the wings it opens the middle and alows the strikers to get in a good positions.

What has Ireland to do to brake back into the 3 in midfield. His last 2 starts he created 2 goals. I would rather play him in midfield at the expense of 1 of the holding midfielders and at the moment its Vieria on the bench has done nothing and looks a shadow of what he was in the past. Ireland has the keys to unlock the Liverpool defence. If Bellamy is fit I would play him up front with Tevez if he is back if not Adebayor. The forwards need good ball and with Ireland in the team they will see more and more of the ball than without him in the team.

Viera is not the player he was - maybe in 4/5 games he may improve but can we afford it? Ireland did really well against Bolton especially in the first half when he was on the ball we looked like we could score. He was the only good midfielder at Hull and he took him off! As he did against Stoke. My bet is Mancini does not quite know what to do with a modern premeirship player like Ireland who is used to passing first or second touch and finding the runs of Bellamy and SWP. Ireland really is a great player and he needs a run in the team.
Viera I am disappointed about him being here and being tols you can play every game? How does that make the established players feel?
The good thing is that Stoke were flat out and we could have stepped up one more gear - they have 5 injured and 1 sent off - they can't really afford to play us again! lol But we should do Liverpool with the crowd on our side.

Sun Jihai's ghost said:
Ireland looks great when we are winning by 2 goals against easy opposition. Against liverpool it'll be a battle, the type of game where Ireland goes missing. I'd rather stick with Viera, at least he showed a bit of bottle last night.

missing like when he scored against them you mean!!!????!!!

simon23 said:
Sun Jihai's ghost said:
Ireland looks great when we are winning by 2 goals against easy opposition. Against liverpool it'll be a battle, the type of game where Ireland goes missing. I'd rather stick with Viera, at least he showed a bit of bottle last night.

missing like when he scored against them you mean!!!????!!!

Ireland scored a magnificent goal at Anfield earlier in the season and he had a very good game that day from what I can remember he was involved an awful lot of link up play with SWP, Ireland cut the defence more than one occasion to play him in.

hes not the player he was last season!! he needs to get back to making them runs and tackling etc..

chazmcfc said:
No he shouldn't, he doesn't merit a starting place he has been pathetic this season.

We should however play with two wingers. Johnson and SWP.

hate to say it but this.

ireland's one of my favorites but he really isnt putting in the performances. however there is a side of me that wants to give him another game...just not to liverpool. cant risk it.

Ireland should be starting everygame full stop.

Being played on the right-wing and out of position is no good, and putting him on the bench isn't any good either, yes he hasn't been at his best, but he won't get back to his best on the bench will he?

The midfield has lacked creativity now for over a month, ireland has 2 goal assists in the short time he's played, no co-incidence is it?

ireland with gaz baz and de jong is what we should ALWAYS play with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.