Ireland or Elano

super_city_si said:
Wow. The opinions on here change so fast. Its ridiculous that people are saying Elano is better than Ireland and should start every game, when only 2 weeks ago the same people couldnt wait to get rid of him.

ive always said that elano was quality and should play!! just go through the 'elano is a disgrace' thread and read what i was posting!

drop richards tell him to leave the weights and practice with a ball . move zab back and play both ireland and elano

masterwig said:
What a load of shite this topic is.

Ireland has been our best player all season. The guy is a star. He works hard at tackling back, creates and scores chances and is a driving force in the team.

Elano played some good passes but could have been sent off today not long after coming on. If he'd been sent off you'd have all been slating him.

Team selections based on season long form are better than knee-jerk dropping of players based on one game.

This

This forum cracks me up sometimes. The majority of posters wanted him out a couple of weeks back, now we're asking if we would rather play him than our player of the season by a country mile?

For me, Elano is THE best footballer at the club - just nowhere near consistent enough.

I agree. I thought we needed him yesterday for th whole game. If MH had played to strengths he would have had Elano on form the start and Zab at right back. Sometimes I think its the playing out of position that's hurting us in terms of balance and consistency. Can't believe that ome on here actually wanted Elano out. He was our leading goalscorer last year in a season where they all tailed off badly towards the end. He can shine again, with encouragement and a spell playing from the start. He's also likely to be only one of three (Rob/Zab) from our current squad to possibly end up with a World Cup winners medal and that will speak volumes for a) his ability and b) his future value.

Elano is looking pretty good at the moment and seems to have rediscovered some hunger to do well, but Ireland is still my choice by a very long way. Clever, hard working, good technique and scores. Elano only does it when he can be arsed and is not as suited to the Premiership as Ireland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.