Ireland v England - Sat 7th Sept, 17:00 | Uefa Nations League

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seems to be a media bandwagon now to get Carsley appointed full time. Way too early in my opinion, one game and a decent first half performance against a poor side isn't enough to judge anyone on surely. Also he kept Kane on until very late in the game despite him being bang average yet again.

It's been quite ridiculous to be honest. Why they're referring it to Carsball when we played a very shit Irish side and were dreadful in the second half I don't know. This is the 2nd tier of the NL, not the top dogs of world football.

There were some good things, and a lot of poor play too.

This NL campaign is a freebee, unless a manager finds a way of getting this England side to beat top tier nations then it's the same old. At least he was willing to try a player in a different position - Grealish, and utilise a player who he feels this England side needs - Gomes. That's a positive.

For me, this England side desperately needs someone with the control and vision of Rico Lewis whilst a top class number 6 is still missing.

I'm more interested to see what Carsley does when he has Bellingham, Foden and Palmer at his disposal. If he can unleash Foden rather than have him playing second fiddle to Bellingham then he's worthy of praise. I'd imagine, considering his track record as a coach he's going to prefer Phil's skillset to someone who waves their arms, rolls around and has an awful first touch. Hopefully Bellingham gets dropped deeper and told to do Phil's running.

I can't wait for the media melt down once we fail to win anything under Carsley.

They've set up the narrative (he doesn't sing the anthem omg). Now they can sit back and wait for England to fail then Carsley to will be toast. Line the next one up.

Which is how it was in quite a few games whist Southgate was in charge so what has changed to justify the bigging up of Carsley as a massive upgrade?
When we took our foot off and Ireland came back in to it, we didn't sit 10 yards deeper and let Pickford hoof it back to them constantly, further inviting pressure.
Yes we were on the back foot but still tried to play out and stay higher. Tactically it was night and day.

Pickford long balls was down a huge amount.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/57...freedailyemail&campaign=601983&userId=6751757

Ha. I don't remember Gordon doing anything of note. Selfishly, I'd like Phil to come off the bench and limit his risk of injury but I would be upset for him.
Tbf, gordon did a great run in the build up for one of the goals.

Still I agree it was a foolish to slate our Phil or claim Gordon is better from 1 game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.