Ireland v England - Sat 7th Sept, 17:00 | Uefa Nations League

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When Bowen came on as sub, he did more up front than Kane did. There is no chance Kane is going to be dropped on Tuesday, as we were told umpteen times, it’s his 100th cap, his next match, when you and I would try someone else.

I agree. Bowen was full of movement, energy and threat immediately. Kane is being selected on past reputation alone at the moment. I think he's earned his moment in the limelight on Tuesday so I wouldn't begrudge him that, but we need to source a replacement asap.

Gotta be honest, I’m not sure he’s an international standard player. Then again, in most cases ‘international standard’ is below our first XI standard anyway.

If you watch Lewis he is at that standard when he has been one of if not our best player in our last 3 games

I agree. Bowen was full of movement, energy and threat immediately. Kane is being selected on past reputation alone at the moment. I think he's earned his moment in the limelight on Tuesday so I wouldn't begrudge him that, but we need to source a replacement asap.
All the build up for Tuesday will be about Kane reaching 100 caps.

It’d be funny if Carsley dropped him.

Gotta be honest, I’m not sure he’s an international standard player. Then again, in most cases ‘international standard’ is below our first XI standard anyway.
Yeah, the international class argument is pretty redundant these days.As a club side like City and plenty of others are far superior. In the Euros Lewis in midfield would have probably gave England more of what they needed to suit the side than possibly a player who on paper appeared superior. Yesterday for example you could see the benefit of having natural pace and width in Gordon. As a footballer he’s not in the same class as Foden or Bellingham but could have helped in the Euros to balance the side.

False 9 is the way to go for me, with Bellingham or Foden used there.

It's an idea that could be tried. Unless you have an exceptional center forward to replace him why not? I don't think Bowen is a traditional center forward but he looked great when he came on. That has to be tempered for the quality of the opposition though which was poor.

He's nineteen and holding down a place in arguably the best club side in the world. He's more than good enough for international football.
I don’t think he gets in our best XI when everyone is fit and available, and ditto for the national team, but let’s see how the season pans out and see if I’m wrong. I’ll admit I might be.

ITV show any old sheiße these days.

I'm looking forward to their FA Cup intro sequence and ad-break bumpers this season, most probably will keep that whistle-like tune.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.