Ireland

Da_Blu_Moona said:
Can we get a straight swap for Geovanni please?
I like Geo but he's getting a bit long in the tooth - Irelands not a bad player and he's not finished at City.

Jimmy Wheel said:
[We have a young lad who loves the club and hasn't cost us a penny in transfers..... why not give him a chance ?

We haven't given him a chance?

How about instead of us 'giving him a chance', he works dead hard to try & be invoved in the game so that even if he's personally playing shit, he still does a job for the team? Y'know a little burst of effort here & there to win the odd tackle etc? Like he was doing last season? Doubt he'd get too many complaints if he did.

Stevie has been played constantly out of position all season, this was the first game he was put in his best position. If we were to play him with someone like Tevez making the runs then we would see Ireland back to his best. So instead of moaning at players just get behind the players. We know what Stevie can do, we saw last year, give him chance to recover from injury and gel into the team.

CTID, Ireland Is Superman

Manchester_City_Blue said:
Stevie has been played constantly out of position all season, this was the first game he was put in his best position. If we were to play him with someone like Tevez making the runs then we would see Ireland back to his best. So instead of moaning at players just get behind the players. We know what Stevie can do, we saw last year, give him chance to recover from injury and gel into the team.

CTID, Ireland Is Superman

i think the reason most fans are pissed off with him is because its not that he had a shocker today he never broke sweat and was very very lazy

lee-mcfc said:
he had his chance and fucked it up
been saying for months now he has gone downhill
Can't be arsed to read the whole of this thread, so I'm sure it's already been said, but................

70 minutes here and there isn't giving him a chance. If Mancini doesn't rate him, he should just fuck him off completely. But if he does see something in him that's worth persevering with, then he's got to give him a run of 5 or 6 games. That's what a proper chance would be, and if he's still done nothing by that stage you can then claim that he's fucked it up. All this half-hearted bollocks of playing him one week and then dropping him again isn't doing anyone any favours whatsoever.

KingofDraw said:
Jimmy Wheel said:
Huh ?

Did you see how many times we missed him out by hitting long ball at Ade's head/chest/general direction ??

Creative midfielders can only play with ball at their feet... anyone who's played the game can see this, surely ??

u cant defend ireland anymore, hes playing like he doesnt care

Im not defending or having a go, but doesn't care? Did you see him when he missed what would have been given offside anyway?

Did you see him when he in the first half should've went through on goal but turned back?

Doesn't care? I've never read a more stupid comment on BM in my life!

Was very poor yesterday, as he has been all season, under both Hughes and Bobby. It annoys me that people keep saying he's been played out of position, because he's been tried all over the mid, and yesterday I thought that position would've been perfect for him, playing the Gerrard type role, to be creative and have the opportunity to make and score goals, and he well and truly cocked up. Personally, i'd order that Ireland Is Superman banner to come down until he shapes up. Apparently he reads this forum, so Stevie read this, all blues love ya, so get your fecking act together.

I've been really, really disappointed with Stevie lately. He had the chance to show us what he can do in his favoured position and he blew it again. He just doesn't look like he can really be arsed at the moment. When he plays on the right he comes into the middle, when he plays in a central midfield he looks like he doesn't wanna be there, and when he plays in his favoured attacking midfield role he just seems to ponce about doing fancy flicks

People are saying that he needs a run in the team, but we can't afford to do that with the way he's playing at the moment. Top clubs can't afford to carry players in the hope that they'll come good when given an extended run in the team - when you're given a chance you've got to take it because competition for places is so fierce. With Tevez coming back it seems a no brainer to drop Ireland for him unless Stevie can pull something off in the Stoke game - if he plays that is because you can't blame Mancini if he drops him.

Playing in the role he was in yesterday he has to influence the team and create or threaten the opposition goal, but he gave us very little. We could have played Bellers or RSC and had 2 players up front which would have provided more threat, but we chose to give Ireland the chance in his preferred role and he just let it pass him by. I do think that part of it is down to our laid back attitude to the game and that maybe if we'd pressed them and pressured them more Stevie might have got into it, but he needs to give us more than he did yesterday either way. There was a short burst in the first half for about 15 minutes when he started to look at it and like he might cause problems but it soon fizzled out

It's a shame because we know he's a quality player, he just looks like he needs a rocket up his arse at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.